Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
Is it possible to keep a thread going that has only positive information & comments about specific boat models?

(Please, no comments like: "it's not an ABC Brand)

Let's see...

'03 Malibu VLX - Great family wakeboard boat; lots of room for all day outings; versatile wake configuration with the new wedge; the best wakeboard wake for me; awesome surf wake for anyone...both regular and goofy; very usable concealed cooler; lots of storage; easily garaged with low-profile Swoop; swiveling seat adds driver comfort; nice styling and excellent fit and finish.

Or does this sound too much like the magazine boat reviews??!!!

(Message edited by ofwc on August 25, 2003)

(Message edited by ofwc on August 25, 2003)
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-25-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
Yes.
I do agree that it is a great boat.

I think they are all great boats. Some are just better than others. You have to decide on what is the best for you.

Here is my add.

'04 Calabria Pro-V - Great family wakeboard boat; lots of room for all day outings; versatile wake configuration with the infloor ballast and left, right ballast switches; the best wakeboard wake for me; awesome surf wake for anyone...both regular and goofy; very usable concealed cooler; lots of storage; easily garaged with folding Boss tower; swiveling seat adds driver comfort; nice styling and excellent fit and finish.

www.Wake-Me.com

Old    jlm            08-25-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
positivity....

98 ProStar 190-Decent wake when properly weighted (for my riding ability-doesn't hold a candle to the X-Star that I rode behind on Friday, better interior room than my old 88 ProStar, LT-1 engine (mid life crisis Corvette wrapped in a boat), Tower provides better pull than old Skylon, excellent fit and finish, floor cooler holds lots of cans (or bottles), and most importantly PAID FOR...........

Positivity is grand in this sport
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-26-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
I'm with the "paid for" aspect. Mine puts out a respectable wake when weighted and I didn't have to spend $50K to be able to ride.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-26-2003, 8:01 PM Reply   
Phaeton, that's funny!!! One day I'll see a Calabria here in Florida.

Positivity indeed...

I should have started with my first boat:

1999 FourWinns Horizon 170 - Johnson 115 Outboard

Surprisingly big inside for a 16.5' boat; ski locker holds a nearly full 500 lb. fat sack; built in ski pylon tall enough to accommodate a board rack across the transom; full fiberglass liner for easy cleanup; short and narrow enough to take up only one space in a 2 car garage; Pretty darn good wakeboard wake, clean to 70', adjustable via engine trim; Paid for...I miss that!

Despite the conventional wisdom, there are A LOT of really good boats out there...
Old    luckychuck            08-26-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
got the 87 Reinell ; airboom tower,amped
with four speakers;500lbs of fat on each
side of the mill; 550lbs sleeping in the
locker. oh yea. had three fine hula girls
in the rig last week. chicks dig the ol' school
look. $000.00 a month!!!!!!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-26-2003, 10:38 PM Reply   
got an 87 four winns boss pro series tower pain to take down, wish dad bought swoop tower, small, okish wake, seating is not very socialy aimed, storage is minmal, small cooler under glove box, large in side, small opening, no speed control
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-27-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
1995 SeaRay Ski Ray, 200EFI Merc Outboard, decent to poor wake, decent to loud tunes, really nice tower , lots of room, decent storage, paid for, wanting a v-drive I can wakesurf behind so bad I'm getting impulsive!