Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
I left the lake around 1:30, but heard from some other folks that around 2pm somebody tried (and half succeeded) to load a nearly new wake boat into the bed of their tow vehicle. The full throttle boat retrieval technique with the boat not lined up on the trailer….

Anybody see this, or more to the point get a picture? (I heard no injuries except for the boat, trailer, truck, and ego)
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
Anderson is always fun at the launch ramp, sometimes when the water is really just pull up a chair and hang out at the launch ramp, its great entertainment. Hows the water level there right now, I havent been there in a couple of weeks
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-21-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
I'm going to "guess" about 10-15 feet down. Still good. The outside lane (right side going down the ramp) is getting tight but still very usable (for most people). It's funny watching people wait for the two inside lanes when both the outside lanes are open. Water and weather were very good on the "Anderson on a Saturday" scale.
Old    bigrich            08-21-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Don't know how you guys do it. Last time at Anderson had to wait at least 2 hours to retrieve my boat. Frustrating to say the least. Won't ever go back. Props to those of you that have that kind of patience but for me Delta or bigger lake only now.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
I like Anderson on Teus and Wed nights after work. The water is awesome and 9/10 you can catch derek cook or Travis Brisco and their crews out there tearing it up. Its just way to small of a lake to be wakeboarding on weekends there
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
funniest thing ever...

i went riding with Travis Brisco and the inside lanes hade people in them and the outside too.. so what else do you do when there is a line.... Reverse fast straight down the middle...

everyone around us was in shock.. we made it straight down the middle and had enough momentum to pass all the "docked boats" taking up space...
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-21-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I forget who said this to me, but someone was describing Anderson and said that, "the people have too many dollars and not enough cents (sense)". I thought that was a perfect description of all the people out there. Everyone seems to have a brand new wakeboard boat, but no one knows how to launch, drive, turn, or do anything.
As Isaac mentioned, you could get a good laugh on a weekend just watching the people attempt to launch and retrieve their boats.
If you are going out there, avoid friday-sunday.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
hahah travis that was me
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
o ya Pun intended hahahah
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-22-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
the boat was a brand new 24.7 wakesetter....they've only owned it for just over 2 weeks.
Truck "was" a brand new Nissan Titan.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
Kyle, Hit me up on email, I wanted to get a couple of quotes

extremeisaac@yahoo.com
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-22-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
alright.