Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
I just bought a 2nd gen iPod shuffle and am I going to get a waterproof case to use it wakeboarding. Anyone using their products? Which headphones do you prefer?
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-21-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
I have just started using there products. I have the hard case for my 3rd gen nano. I bought mine on a referral from some guys that were using them while kiteboarding. I have only used it so far while riding a pwc, but at 60 mph it is still loud and clear.

I am using the Surge bass amplified headphones. I looked at the H3, but didn't find any good reviews. Plus, I bought a discounted bundle: case, headphones, armband and another armband for land use.

I am looking forward to trying them while kiteboarding and wakeboarding.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-21-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
I've been using mine for 3 seasons now with their headphones and haven't had one problem with em. I love it
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
I've been thinking about getting a Freestyle Audio waterproof MP3 player & headphones.

I'm just curious how either of these products compare with each other.

To keep on topic, check out Freestyle's headphones too. Some others I've looked at from Audio Bone, Oregon Scientific, and Mach Speed Trio Surf (Search for any of those on Ebay). The Freestyle seems like it has the most bang for the buck.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Isn't freestyleaudio the same people that make the Liquid Force Players?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
Looks like your right Dave. I see them listed in Google all over. But not for sale many places any more. Maybe because their junk??

It looks like the Liquid Tunes player is the base model from Freestyle, with like 256 meg., 512 meg. or 1 gig. They have another newer one with 2 gig on it.

One of the guys on FoilForum.com says he uses it ziptied to his helmet, so wires are kept to a minimum. But it sure seems like it would be a PITA to get it on at the beginning, or after a crash. The H2Oaudio headphones seem like they would be easier to manage.