Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       02-08-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Currently I'm riding with the 08 Murray closed toe boots on my board. Was wondering how the closed toe 09 Marek boot compares?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-08-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
from what i have heard the Marek boots are the stiffest in the line. I messed with some at the store 'cause i was intrigued by the single lace pull thing and the positioning of the laces on the side. it could have been me, or just that one boot, or the fact that the boot was dry and/or not broken in yet, but i found it very difficult to lace up quickly and evenly... even tightness on each of the loops if you know what i mean? they didn't seem to "glide" through the boot as well as the other lace-up boots.

the Murray boots underwent several changes for the better in 2009.

check the videos to help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8ejhx8jk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgjJ1G5Qk7U

((just watched the vids again for myself: hahah, Murray is great-> "[*tap tap*]these boots, they're like riding marshmallows"))

(Message edited by wakerider111 on February 08, 2009)
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
is it like tho old (2005 i think) liquid force Team binding?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-08-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
while the mareks may not be the quickest easiest boot to get in/out of at first they are the most comfortable to me. after a few times they get easier to tighten/loosen. they are the stiffest in the line with the murrays coming in right behind. they have different footbeds so i recomend just going in to a shop and putting em on to see for yourself
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-08-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
All of the 09 HL boots are more comfortable than the 08 murray/byerlys. Something about the tongue had pretty hard pressure points on my shins but i only tried on one's out of the box. The tongue was one major change in 09.

The Mareks are a good choice if you like a stiff, supportive boot. The laces are actually made of a spectra like material that is wayyy stronger than your avg cotton lace. as long as you cinch the bottom first, they can get VERY tight and the locking cleat is strong and the laces wont come loose. Overall, a MUCH better fitting and functioning lace system then the 05 LF Teams.

Rusty tested and beat the tar out of these boots as well as his board so you know it can take some abuse.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
thanks, i had the 05 team. looking at the marek or murray this year. been using watson ot since they came out
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-08-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
I actually had the 05 teams for 1 day, never even got to ride in them, the rear lace broke while strapping in on the swim deck before the first set.

If you liked the stiffness of the watson, then you owe it to yourself to check out either the mareks or murrays, you wont be disappointed.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
thanks, im going to have to go to sos wakeboard and try them on! this wont be an internet order for sure
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-13-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Definitely try the new Murrays. Feedback on our boat has been fantastic. We even have to take time out between riders to switch boots. Everybody wants to ride John's 09 Murrays.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-13-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
The Marek's need to be broken in. At first when i got them i thought they were a bit better then the other boots i had been in but after about 2 hours of use they are amazing. Also on the clips at the end of the laces all of you have to do is untie that knot and tie a new one closer to the clip and you'll get atleast another inch of space to slide your foot into the binding making for super easy entery and exit of the boots. And yes i can agree and vouge that rusty beats the hell out of his equiptment and it holds up extreamely well. i've tested 08 murrays and the mareks are way better however i've never stepped into the 09 murrays but i've heard really good things. But as i told michael early. "once you go Marek you'll never go back" and that goes for the board as well as the boots. But my sujestion is find a place that will allow you to demo both boots then make your desision. If you live in wisconsin Fort Fremont Marine is awesome about allowing you to demo stuff.