Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    jake_mi            05-17-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
the screws that came with my ultra backed out of my parks. i was riding them for the first time and i landed after about an hour or so of riding time and the right binding twisted because the screw came out on one side. i checked and the other 3 were all about to come out too. i tightened them right before i went out. has this happened to anyone else?
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-17-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
liquid force screws are a lot shorter than hyperlite screws they dont work well just like if you put some hyperlite bindings on a lf board the screw is too long and you have to double the washers or buy the special kit of screws. use some hyperlite screws and you will be fine.
Old    mxrcr885            05-17-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
jake, id recomend puttin some Locktite or some other screw holder in, it works for me
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-17-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
It's always a good thing to check your screws before each ride.
Old    dannyb            05-17-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
Go down to your autoparts store and pick up some loktight, apply it to the threads of your screws and and your fin screws, it keeps them tight and eazy to unscrew.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2004, 11:21 PM Reply   
I've got '03 Ultra's and '03 Parks 138 and have got the same problem... I check the bolds everytime I go out. But the locktight seems a good idea.

Derek, the screws which comes with the Ultra's are good. But you don't wanna do it the otherway around (screws and bindings from Hyperlite on a LF board), you right about that.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-17-2004, 11:32 PM Reply   
No No No No No...... not only are LF screws shorter they are smaller thickness as well. Get the Old Hyperlite metal washers and go to the hardware store and buy 1 inch long (whatever thickness hyperlite is) screws and do it that way. Thats whats holding my '04 Ultras to my '03 TFD. Not only does the screw fit perfect but the all stainless steel metal washer/screw matches perfectly.
Paul
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-18-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
So where do you get the old Hyperlite metal washers from? I've got Ultras on my Premeire and run into this same problem sometimes...
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
First off... Sorry about the "No No No No...." above. I re-read that today and it made me sound like an a**hole. Second off... I knew someone would ask me where to get the Hyperlite washers from and to be perfectly honesty I'm still looking for two to complete my girlfriends board. A local shop around my area had alot of spare ones from boards where people didn't want the fins on so my only thought would be to check around at local and online shops for them.

Just to make it clear as well.... The metal washer I'm talking about is the Metal washer thats between the screw head and the plastic washer that goes against the boards surface. (that wasn't for you 'rammer' it was for anyone not following me).
Paul

(Message edited by wakeriderixi on May 18, 2004)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
One more thing... by old metal washers I mean the hardware used to mount Hyperlite bindings before the Claw system came out.
Old    murrayair            05-18-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
I agree with Danny. Get some Loktight(sp?) and put it on the threads. Works great.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
locktight stuff is good and all if you dont want to take your bindings off easy whenever.
Old    xxplosive            05-18-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
I've got some thumb screws that I check every time I go out give them all a good twist to make sure they are tight before every set. just a precaution
Old    jake_mi            05-18-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
can i still take the bindings off fairly easily with locktite? i can see fi the place i got tem from will give me some hyperlite screws. will that work?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
well i was going to use my old hyperlite hardware to mount my new 04 ultras to my TFD and everything was perfect except the hyperlite screws were still too short because of the thick plastic 04 ultra baseplate. The HL screws were like 3/4 of an inch if I recall and you need 1 inch exactly. All you need from the shop is 4 of the washers and the plastic washer too if you can and then I can give you the exact size stainless steel screw you need to buy from the hardware store if you need it. The good thing about going this route is like i said before.. It matches everything perfectly and because your buying screws from a hardware store you can get flathead, phillips head (i have), or allenwrench.
let me know if you have any questions of me...
Paul
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-18-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
what look locktite ?
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2004, 11:48 PM Reply   
Paul, don't botter about the "nonono" .
But you said that the screw of LF are not only shorter (I gonna change that) but also less thicker... What do you mean about that??? I'm pretty sure that they are the correct size in diametre..
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2004, 12:57 AM Reply   
Yea diametre or however thats spelled (thats why i didnt use that word). Anyways I held both up and they are close but not exact, at least mine werent and i checked all 4. True LF will hold in HL holes but its shaddy and likely to come loose. I found a nut to put on the HL screw and then threaded it on the LF screw and the nut had wiggle room on the LF screw but was still threaded.

Sorry that was the WORST jumble of words ever, hope you can read your way through.. Ha