Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

View Poll Results: Debadge??
Yes 47 61.84%
No 17 22.37%
some... 12 15.79%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-21-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
What do you guys think? I just started thinking about it the other day. I'm thinking of taking the Sanger sticker off the sides and maybe all the rest(V215 and Black scorpion)
Attached Images

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-21-2010, 10:52 PM Reply   
Photoshop it and do side by side pics to help us decide.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-21-2010, 10:59 PM Reply   
yank the v215 and black scorp first, leave the sanger. i think you will love it. then if your still not feeling the sanger logo pull that second. when i had my v215 we left the main logo and pulled off all those around the top deck and the logo on the stern it looks clean. mine was the olipse graphic and we pulled the tail end of the flames off and it looked so much better imo. there was the main graphic then 2 small seperate flame pieces we pulled off.

here is an idea of the top deck of my old boat so you can get an idea.
Attached Images

Old     (weeznur32)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-21-2010, 11:15 PM Reply   
flames are for flamers
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2010, 11:16 PM Reply   
They've got some other pretty cool decal packages, in case you got tired of the ones you have on now. I don't know how much new ones cost, but it could be a quick and easy refresh for the boats looks.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-21-2010, 11:25 PM Reply   
Flames never did it for me on towboats either but hey, "there's an a$$ for every seat". LOL To each his own.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-21-2010, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeznur32 View Post
flames are for flamers
Your an idiot... but thank you for your non-constructive comment
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
I would take the flames off too.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-22-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
I say take the flames off as well.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-22-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Not a Sanger but I took my decals off.
Attached Images

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
The flames are in the gel coat, so thats not an option. Here is a quick photoshop job with all the stickers gone.
Attached Images

Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
I like!
Old    mojo            07-22-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
boat wrap seems right up your alley.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Flames are cool. way better then any kind of tribal crap! Looks way better with the decals off, and just the flames. My flames are in the gelcoat also. Casey Wiener?? careful who you call a flamer. Especially with a ame like that!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-22-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
I've stripped the last couple boats I've owned & thought they looked great compared to the crap the manufacturers put on them. The MC had a "Electronic Fuel Injection" decal that was worthless. And the Malibu had "MLS" on the side glass.

The flames look cool on that boat. I'd say leave'em for now. Then if you want to wrap the boat in a couple years, it'll be like having a new boat again..

At some point you may decide you want to put something your more passionate about on the boat & you have a blank slate to do it.
Attached Images

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 07-22-2010 at 9:59 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-22-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
I don't get it. You asked for people's opinions and then you bashed the guy because he shared his opinion that "flames are gay". Seems like you only want the opinions that satisfy you. It's like asking for criticism and then getting mad because someone actually criticizes you.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-22-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I don't get it. You asked for people's opinions and then you bashed the guy because he shared his opinion that "flames are gay". Seems like you only want the opinions that satisfy you. It's like asking for criticism and then getting mad because someone actually criticizes you.
Jeremy - all the op said was that the flames are in the gelcoat. Someone else was the one that threw the flamer remark back at the guy who said it. Actually, those types of phrases and terms are meant to get people riled up. Figures a 23 year old said it too.

Personally, I like the boat how it is now...but the quickie photoshop made me rethink it. I really like it without the logo. My Sanger has the big logo removed from the side. I can't tell you how many people love the look of my boat. (not that removing the logo is the reason...)
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-22-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
"Jeremy - all the op said was that the flames are in the gelcoat"

Not true (look at the third post after Casey made the flamer comment):

"Your an idiot... but thank you for your non-constructive comment"

It wasn't until after a few other people (myself included) commented about removing the flames that the OP commented about the flames being in the gelcoat, but I'm not trying to start a war, with the he-said/she-said stuff. Personally, I don't like the flames either, but that is my opinion, you know different strokes for different folks. IMO, you shouldn't ask for opinions and get mad if someone is blatantly honest.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Ryan, I peeled mine the year after I got it and have never looked back. Our boats are pretty much identical except for the color so it should give you a good idea of how it will look.
Attached Images

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-22-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
You're right, Jeremy... He did say that! My thought is that the comment was meant to be crude and get responses...which it did! I don't think that Ryan would have responded that way to " I think that boat would look great without the flames and the logo..."

When someone asks "Hey - do you like how this looks?" and someone responds with something about his sexuality, then all bets are off regarding his opinion. ( he did put a smiley at the end...lol!)

Hate - That looks awesome.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       07-22-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
You can spot a sanger a mile away. No need for the advertisement if you don't want it. Looks good Hate
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-22-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
I'm liking it debadged like Hates
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Jeremy- Chill out! WW has become effing rediculous with whiners lately. If you refer to my original post I asked specifically if I should take the "Sanger, V215, and Black Scorpion" stickers off. I didn't ask anyone for their opinion on the flames or if I should get a wrap. So like I said "Thank you for the NON-constuctive comment" since it didn't relate to anything I asked.

Hate- Thanks for the picture! I'm deffinately leaning toward taking them off after seeing yours.
Old    SamIngram            07-22-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
I would keep them... as the last family owned and operated boat company, I would show off it's a Sanger!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
Heres another with the cover off. I took off the Black Scorpion on the back, got sick of people asking me if it was the name of my boat. I did leave on the front stickers though.

Sam, I like where your heads at. Most people don't know about Sanger where I live. I remember once I was talking to a guy and I complimented him on his Malibu. He complimented me back on my Mastercraft
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
Oh by the way guys thanks for the compliments.
Old    mojo            07-22-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
i wasn't trying to to be rude. i just meant a wrap with more of a basic design that would be appealing to the masses. it's not a bad design, but has a niche market.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
I would Take off the black scorpion one, if you end up missing it, get another one made, really cheap to re-do just get a custom decal probably like $15 and could do whatever font you need.

I like the big Sanger sticker, I couldnt tell on the picture, but is the circle around the sanger attached to the lettering? Cause i think it would look slick with out the circle around it, not that it looks bad with it. So it would be less like debadgeing and more like sticker trimming.

Nice boat btw! I like the red.
Old    SamIngram            07-22-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
IMO Sanger has the best gel coat in the business. Even if the boat is all white the surface finish is perfectly flat. The gel coat finish on my SAN is wavy in some areas where it got hot in the mold. With the Sanger that just doesn't happen. The only other company that is even close is probably MB, and I hate those!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
i wasn't trying to to be rude. i just meant a wrap with more of a basic design that would be appealing to the masses. it's not a bad design, but has a niche market.
Like a skull wrap? LOL j/k. I know you weren't being rude and I wasn't directing the wrap thing to anyone specifically.

Hate- Do you know what year they switched the towers? I think its yours has the same tower as mine(Proflight Chubby) but I noticed it mounts different.

beaversandboats- I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure it's one sticker. Good suggestion though!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
Ryan, I have the Pro Flight, you have the Pro Flight Chubby. They switched to it in 07 but I believe it was an available option on 06's.

Its all on sticker but would be an easy trim job i think there are about 6 small contact points.

Sam, I'd concurr. The gel on my boat looks **** where as I have seen several other boats from other companys that have small pits and waves in them.

I was waxing the boat the other day and wondered if I should bull of the Wake Series and V215...now I'm certain that I should/am.

On a side note does anyone know where you can get some custom made plastic chrome badges made i.e Malibu? I wouldn't mind throwing some towards the back of the boat especially if I could get some in black chrome.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
I looked a little closer and it looks like its connected but you might be able to trim it but you would have to be SUPER careful with the gelcoat. And if your taking it off anyways if the graphic gets messed up when you try its no biggy.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2010, 9:22 PM Reply   
Yea I don't know if I trust myself enough to use a razor that close to the gel coat.

Hate- Some chrome badges would look awsome! Especially black chrome on your boat. If you find out where you can get them let me know. I might be interested in some chrome ones. And I'll second the gel coats on Sangers. Mine is flawless! Thanks for the tower clarification too! Do you still have the stock ballast? I just switched to 750's in the back and I put two 280's in the front walkway and the wake is sweet! It's like riding behind a whole different boat!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2010, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
Yea I don't know if I trust myself enough to use a razor that close to the gel coat.

Hate- Some chrome badges would look awsome! Especially black chrome on your boat. If you find out where you can get them let me know. I might be interested in some chrome ones. And I'll second the gel coats on Sangers. Mine is flawless! Thanks for the tower clarification too! Do you still have the stock ballast? I just switched to 750's in the back and I put two 280's in the front walkway and the wake is sweet! It's like riding behind a whole different boat!
Yea I dont blame ya. Just an idea, mine arent always the greatest haha!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Speaking of debadging... Do I need to use a hair dryer and all that BS or do they just peel off easily?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
A hair dryer or let it heat up in the sun does make it a lot easier. By doing so you can usually pull the glue off with it. Otherwise the vinyl itself will pull off and the glue will be left behind. The hairdryer method also lets you pull it in one big piece opposed to small pieces.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Mine peeled of easily. I used a plastic razor blade followed by some goo gone or the like and a good couple waxes. You may have some shadowing so your gonna want to cut it real good then polish/wax. If you did use heat it sure wouldn't hurt.

My stock is just the center ballast. When I surf I run that and 400lbs of lead, a 750 as well as the 320lbs of batteries I have in the rear lockers (160 each side).

Wake board, center +110 in lead, rear 400 in each, batteries an 150 each in lead.

I'm digging around the internet to see what I can come up with for badging. I'll keep you posted.