Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    mobiletinting1            04-27-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Okay guys it's all done,what do you guy think Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-27-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
Oh snap that's tight. I will say though that I'm glad i don't ride on your lake. So are you trying to make the people in the bow deaf or just annoy people that your boat is pointing towards?!

(Message edited by eubanks01 on April 27, 2006)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-27-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
I have always had issues with people pointing their tower speaker forward. I know how loud those speakers can go and it just seems to me that your intention may be to drown out everybody else's system? From the name of your boat down to the tone of your posts, it all just seems a little obnoxious to me. Kind of like the punk kid driving a lifted F250 4X that rides everybody's butt while rolling down the highway?

My opinion is that these strong tower systems are great for the rider while he is riding. They can also be fun in remote areas when you want to crank it up and party with a small group. Thier downside is that the sound carries a long distance and they can be extremely obnoxious in marina and on lakes with homes. Would it make more sense to leave two on your boat and put the other two on a buddies boat?

I am not singling you out here I have the same feelings toward my mother's neighbor that insists on firing up his offshore race boat everytime one of his buddies comes over. It's quite unpleasant to be enjoying a nice dinner out on the back deck then have some noisemaker start making so much racket that you cannot even continue your casual dinner conversation. It is happening so much in Discovery Bay that my mom wants out of Disco this year, which will mean that I lose my on the water boat storage. So my point here is that it's guys like you that don't realize they are negatively impacting guys like me.

Of course I am making generalizations and assumptions putting you in a category, that's unfair but I just see this as an opportunity to help people keep things in perspective. I know that you are not in my territory but I also know that there are lots of people reading these boards that are in my territory. Last spring while I was working on my hoist there was a young "gentleman" that came crusing with his four 6.5 cans at full volume right into the houses. I gave a two palms down gesture for him to lower his system and he replied by with turning his system into full distortion. I am not sure who he thought he was impressing but it was surely only himself. The idea of having somebody with that mentality with the power of your system really makes me uncomfortable. Your system packs enough punch to really P.O. people and really P.O.'d people do strange things.

Please respect...
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-27-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Well said, Mike. Many good points.

Nice system, Chris.
Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
I frequent a lake that has numerous homes and such along nearly all the good flat water areas. Mostly because the homes block wind and such. I have found that even just a little sound other than the motor of the boat is an annoyance to them. I don't like the confrontation and sort of put myself in their shoes. However, even when I am the courteous boater, it seems not enough. Problem is the lake doesn't have any unpopulated areas, it's over run with homes and construction and such.

Torn on this subject a bit, cause I like hearing my music when boarding, but the locals definately hate it and I kinda understand.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-27-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Erin, you may consider trying the liquid tunes or a similar sealed MP3 system. No annoyance to the homeowners and you can control what you listen to while you are riding rather than being at the mercy of the boat crew.

I'd imagine it wont be long before a lot of lakes have a noise ordinance that prohibits tower speakers entirely. We'll see.

I do however respect the time and $ that went into a system like that. I just don't have any use for it myself.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-27-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
All good poitns , but no one has mentioned the possibilty that maybe he has the boat just to party on???? Maybe he just goes to a secluded cove every weekend , turns the motor off and jams with the crowd of other boats. then heads back and puts the boat on a trailer. Not everyone with a wakeboard specific boat uses it for what it's intended for. Everyone is assuming this boat is used to ride behind. Just a thought.

Looks great though.
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
You're all right, there are those who just want to be noticed and piss people off, but that's not what Chris uses his system for. He goes out at Havasu and uses his boat as a mobile sound system for everyone at the beach. If someone asks him to turn it down he does. It's a different environment than Disco Bay.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-27-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
It's definintely an amazing system. I think the water cooling on the amps is ingenious. Plus, with all the batteries, amps and speakers I'm sure it throws a kickin' wakes without additional ballast.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
We too have a nice lakehouse on a popular lake and although sometimes the music can get out of hand, I find myself thinking that I have no more right to that lake than they do. Yes sometimes they could turn it down and i would be appreciative. But the Lake was there way before some guy capitilized and sold out home lots. If the lake wasnt there, then they wouldnt be on boats partying and I wouldnt have paid so much for a piece of land! So I cant say much.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2006, 10:12 PM Reply   
Chris, I would tie up with you any weekend, I would just shut my stereo off, nice system! You get extra points for being different...!
BTW, If you add 3000lbs of ballast guido will even compliment you!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-27-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
As for respect , well said Mike there is a time and place for everything !
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
Nice, but please...take the text off the back. It just reminds me of the 2000 kids in high school that had "Cavalier" written across their windshields.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-27-2006, 11:16 PM Reply   
Agree 100% Garret, 'tis a pity that such a beautifully laid out boat/stereo is lessoned by a "ghetto" phrase in PWC font text. Not to mention that the ghetto phrase should, at minimum, be spelled correctly and have a question mark somewhere in there.

SICK SICK SICK boat, though, Chris!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Fortunately, the city I live in there's only one HLCD pro-audio marine system out there--And he's my friend. It's nice because I can always find him, even when he's a mile down river. I bet this year someone else will pop-up with one. I'm in the process of building one for my ride. In this area, I'm sure they'll pass some noise ordinance to limit the use of them pretty rapidly. It's a smaller community.

I agree with the guys about the 'ya heard me'. Chris, you're system is quite high class. In fact, top of the line. The phrase sorta draws from the quality (and expense) of your setup. With that phrase, I'd expect it to be housing a crap load of Sony Xplod or Audiovox gear.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
I love my stereo systems. I have 6 12's and 6 1000watt amps in my explorer. So don't get me wrong when I say I love them. I don't allow myself to turn it all the way up unless I'm in an audio comp. I think your systems bad ass. Go big or go home.

I do agree with the past posts about respecting others. That system has class get rid of the text. Only my opinion though...it's all about your style.
Old    stevie211            04-28-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
i am not worried about the sound im worried and 160 lbs on that tower, i have seen a boat with 1 set of wet soundz and the tower shakes so bad its goin to break any day!! but looks good
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-28-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
steve what style math are you using to get @ 160lbs? Those individual pods are not close to 40lbs a piece. Wetsounds as well as skylon are some of the lighter "pro audio" tower systems.
Old    stevie211            04-28-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
no !!! i saw the box they come in they are 39 lbs each. no joke
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-28-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
I'm guessin you looked at some sort of shipping weight? put one on the scale. I have put a 1010 on the scale and remember it being around 35-38 lbs...I've held the 1010 under one arm the the wetsoudns 485 under the other. The 485 is noticeably lighter...10-15lbs lighter
Old    stevie211            04-28-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
dude... im telling you shipping weight is 49 lbs net weight is 39 . not joking trust me i put them on the tower not easy. and they are a good 40 lbs
Old    mendo247            04-28-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
im not sure if they are 40 pounds maybe 35?? i lifted them and would be extremly surpised if they are 15 pounds under 40...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-28-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
From another post:
"Total weight with speakers and clamps for the PRO 80 is 16 pounds each. For the PRO 485 is 36 pounds each. Hanging weight of just the speakers, no clamps is 13 pounds for the PRO 80 and 30 pounds for the 485."

I guess that's why it felt so much lighter...no clamps when I picked it up.

My apologies steve.

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on April 28, 2006)
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-28-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
"Whatz da point?"
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
if you have to ask, you'd never understand.
Old    mobiletinting1            04-28-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your input. I will take the advice about the text into consideration, thanks again guys.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-28-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
I agree with most of you, but..........

It could be a party only boat, maybe he has the fader/EQ set up as to shut off the front when not needed, as I do with the internal speakers for the people in my boat but the boarder can hear clear as day.

Props for a clean set up
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-28-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
Why???? Maybe I don't get it because I'm too young?
Old     (kogswell21)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-28-2006, 10:45 PM Reply   
Chris nice system..Its all about personal style..Luv it..
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-02-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
so incredible, I dig it
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-03-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Upload and i thought i had a crazy sounds system...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-03-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-03-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
ryan, what kind of speakers are those?
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-03-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
NVS-Addictions
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-03-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
LOL Paul, I was thinking the same thing!
Old    mobiletinting1            05-16-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
anybody got some new ideas for my boat
Old    mendo247            05-16-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
pro 485's mounted vertically on the up and down legs of the tower...
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-16-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
Tower mounted ear plug dispenser.
Upload
Old    mobiletinting1            05-17-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
my wife would love that idea
Old    gator_boards06            05-17-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
haha thats tight..nice system chris you to ryan!!
Old    bigdtx            05-17-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Hater alert!