Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mtymouse)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-01-2014, 3:38 AM Reply   
Anyone have or had this model? Looking for tips and suggestions. This will be our second boat. First was about 16 years ago - pre kids. Now have 2 teenage boys. We just moved to a lake in IN. Still ice out there so not boating yet....thank you.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-01-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 MB B-52 DD and besides a minor oil leak last year I have never had a major issue. I do all the fluid changes and replace the impeller myself every year. It can put up a decent wake but you are limited due to the lack of a deeper V in the hull. It's essentially flat. Wakeboarding was still in the early years then so it wasn't about the wakes yet. The one thing I would tell you to consider the most is the body of water that you will be on. With the low bow and boat in general if I am on the lake on a busy day and the average wake boat drives by I have to be on the throttle to get the bow up otherwise it will dip. I've seen a good 6" of water come over the front. I usually run about 1100lbs including the built in 560lbs when I ride and it can be a pretty good wake it just is a bit slower coming on plane. It can throw a surf wake as well but with a very small pocket and not a lot of push. It ultimately depends on how much you weigh. My wife is a puck thirty and can rid no problem. My self being about 225lbs can have a harder time finding the sweet spot with an already very bouyant boar. If you give me your email address I can send a few pics if you'd like? Lastly, the boat is rated for 8 but 5 is pretty much crowded. With a 4" ripple anyone sitting in the front will get wet or at least spray coming up and again if it's a bit windy nobody will be able to sit up front even if you are floating. Hope this all helps.
Old     (mtymouse)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-01-2014, 5:32 PM Reply   
Thank you for the great advice. My lake is finally starting to thaw out around the edges. Maybe by the end of the month I might be able to get the pier in and then I can start thinking about getting the boat in for our first run. Would love to see some pics...will send you my email. I'll send pics in return once it home. Again thanks for the help as I'm new to this sport.
Old     (MBBoss210)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-02-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
I have a 1997 MB Boss 210 which I believe is what the B52 was before it became the B52. This is my first boat and I think it does well for starting out and learning. The wake is decent, but I also haven't ridden behind much else to compare it against. I agree with bcrider that it does sit fairly low in the water. A couple times we have had some decent size wash come over the bow. It's not too bad if you're paying attention and can maneuver your way around to help avoid it at times. My friends and I enjoy riding behind it since we're all in the early learning stages of wakeboarding. If you're in the same phase as myself I am pretty sure you will be happy with the boat. The engine hasn't given me any issues since I bought the boat almost two years ago. I myself do all the maintenance and after doing oil/filter/fuel filter/spark plugs/impeller, the engine runs even smoother. Only small issue I'm working on this spring is changing out the packing in the shaft to help stop a small leak. Enjoy your MB!
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       04-02-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
I've got a 96 MB but i'm also in IN. You won't see many other MB's on the water, or we don't anyway. We have loved our boat so far.