Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-03-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
I'm stumped which is a new feeling for me when it comes to video editing.

What camera: Canon T3i
What editing software: Adobe Premiere CS5
What's wrong: Once my video is edited and exported, the end result is super choppy

My first thought was that my camera is bad... however, that's not the case. I know this because when I watch the replay of the video on the camera itself, it's not choppy at all. Also, when I import the raw video straight to my computer and open that file (without any editing or conversion), it's perfectly smooth. Once I take the imported raw footage into premier, all of the video previews and playback play smooth also. The choppyness (if that's a word) only comes once the video is exported. I have used the avchd 1080p @ 29.97 and DSLR 1080p @ 29.97 presets for my project and have used the HDTV 1280p @ 29.97, HDTV 1080p @ 29.97, and YouTube Widescreen HD presets when exporting. All of which give me a choppy exported video.

I have used all of of those presets when editing GoPro footage, and they've all worked great. One thing I haven't tried is taking the footage from my camera and converting it to an h.264 mp4 before importing it into premiere. That's the only thing I have left to try.