Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-11-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
A good friend of mine runs CNC machines and I was curious if anybody would be interested in custom billet parts for their boats? He doesnt have a lathe so round parts would be difficult. But Im thinking of making some custom board racks since they are multi piece or those billet step plates for the top rails of the boat??? Maybe plates for the walk-through between the windshield??? We could totally customize them to have whatever design,name,logo etc. I think having original one of a kind parts is cool. Just a thought. I am bringing my board racks to his house later to see what he thinks.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-11-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Step plates would be pretty sweet but damn would they be hot! LOL.

Someone here had made a plate to put your EQ into. It looked pretty damn good.

Keep us posted.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
I think it would be cool to get parts made. What modeling program does he use? If we provide the 3D model it would be interesting to see what he would charge. Speaker grills would be another option for custimizing.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-11-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
A shop in Tempe, AZ was doing the same thing, but has since stopped do to a lack of demand. It costs a lot to come up with a good design and a program/setup to run the part. The only real way to do is to get a dozen people who all want a similar part...

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6202&high light=bezel
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Someone needs to make covers for the gloveboxs for the Nautique 2001's. I know if the price was right several people would buy them. No one can find them anymore! Post up on the2001.com and I bet you get a bunch of inquiries
Old     (airjordan175)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-11-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
my dad runs a CNC shop
he has a mill and lathe

i actually talked to him earlier this week about him making me a billet glovebox cover for our 1988 sn2001

if there was a high demand im sure he would be willing to make some
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       04-11-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
I would be interested in a glove box cover for my 90 sport nautique.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-13-2009, 5:08 AM Reply   
I had this machined out of stainless for $100 shipped.

Upload
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-13-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Good deal, I will post any progress. I forget the tool path program he uses...we went to an awesome show in LA called Westech recently. Some of those CNC and waterjet machines do some amazing stuff!!!...for 100K you too can have this technology. If money only grew on trees...