Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-01-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
....on these guys.Upload
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
That pic is the story of my camping adventure this summer. I volunteered to pick up three guys from the launch ramp in a 10' aluminum boat. They start throwing all kinds of gear, beer, and themselves aboard. I make a comment that we're a little over capacity but they all think it's only a little ways and we'll be fine. Sure enough, as we're motoring to our site, a wake approaches. I make the mistake of backing off the throttle just as a roller hits the bow. Rather than bob, we dove straight down. All of their gear and beer floated while the aluminum oars sunk. So we're kicking our way to shore with a capsized boat. A nice fisherman picked up our beer and gear while we flipped the boat over.
One of many dumb moments in my life.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-01-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
wow. and no life vests. a small wake would take that boat to the bottom.
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
(wow. and no life vests. a small wake would take that boat to the bottom.)

hehe,..funny.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-01-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
It always comes down to the life vests...
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-01-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
The dude in the red hat has his life vest under his shirt! Little does he know the other two are going to use him as a life raft. Mount the o/b to the brim of his hat!
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-01-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Inflatable boats are pretty hard to sink or capsize, that's why they use them for surf life saving here. They don't have quite so much "ballast" in the surf though.
Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       11-01-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Just imagine that Johnson cranked wide open and you hanging off of the rope at 70 feet.. going for a double up