Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-26-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
I broke my shane after 3 months, so I'm going obrien. I've decided to get one of the 2, valhalla or natural. What do you guys think? I like really fast boards and I've heard the natural is fast but really sticky. Also I was looking at the Valhalla and I can get a good deal on one but it's a 143. I'm 6'1" 185 is that too big? thanks in advance.
Old    cwbabsolute1080            07-26-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
The valhalla is a sick board... rides a lot like a liquid force watson to mee... I liked it a lot
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
2 different style boards. The Natural is 3 stage rocker and the Valhalla is progressive rocker.

I would say the Natural will give you a ride more like the Shane then the Valhalla.

I like the Natural better then the Valhalla, but that's just me.

Both boards are really nice, but only you will know the one that is right for you. Demo!!

Also, the Natural is not sticky. Maybe the guy who said it was sticky was riding it with the center fin. Take it off and butta away all day.

Later,
jjakober
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Valhalla is a great board, pops really nice and track super easy. Finless by the way.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
If you are looking for a really fast board, and want to go O'brien, check out the demented. I demod a natural, and a Demented and the demented was way faster. Super smooth board with alot of pop.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
They still make a Demented?
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
Benjamin,

I ride the 143 Valhalla at about that same weight so the size should not be an issue if you like bigger boards. The V tail seems to make the board ride a bit smaller...At least half of O'Brien's regional riders are on it (mostly finless) so it is a great board. Sean O'Brien rides it too!

I agree with Isacc about the Demented (yes O'Brien still makes it). It is super fast & holds a really strong edge, and pops very snappy off the wake. Jason Buffalo rode it for a season a while back and said it was his favorite board ever.

The Natural is all-around one of the best boards O'Brien has ever made. I honestly have never heard anyone not like the Natural - and have heard many stories about people jumping on it and going off. Definitely don't need the center fin - it's just right without it! If you want a fast 3-stage board, this is it.

(Message edited by team_o on July 26, 2006)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Are we back on the Sean O'Brien guy again?! Geeze.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Ya who is this guy Sean O'Brien?
J/K the guy is soooooooo under rated.
Paul I even spelled his name correct.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-26-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
I really wish I could demo them first. I guess I'll go with the demented since it's fast. One of you said the valhalla rode similar to the watson, I don't think that would work, I hated the watson. I'd really like to get the natural, but I can't afford another $400 board on my mediocre air force salary.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
over rated
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Yup, I've got a Valhalla and Parks and the Valhalla does ride pretty much the same as the watson. So if that aint for you, skip it. That said, its a great board and I love it for days when I just want to butter around.

The parks though was a surprise to me. Heard so much about it being uncontrollable, sticky etc, but when I demoed a friend's board, ended up really loving the way it rode. Definitely tighter than the Valhalla but nothing too crazy and the pop is amazing. Pretty fast for a 3-stage as well.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
My brothers got the Valhalla 143 and he likes it. Hes got like 6 removable fins on it. lol it looks like a turtle.

He refuses to take the side fins off, so not sure how it rides without them. But its safe to say he doesnt have a problem holding an edge.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-26-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
I went to TSR today and one of my friends had the valhalla and the other had a natural. The valhalla had a lot of pop and I could go pretty big on it, but it didn't track as well as I'm use to. The natural...WOW! I loved that board. I didn't even have to get use to it. The board is fast with killer pop. That's the board I'm getting...FOR SURE!

(Message edited by bendow on July 26, 2006)
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-27-2006, 12:07 AM Reply   
Benjamin, its a great choice, I loved the natural when i demo'd it, but you should see if you can ride a demented before you buy the natural. You cant go wrong with either or though. Have fun riding your new board!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
I had vahalla and demented fro sale on ebay. Hit me back if you are intrested.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-27-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
both are sick. I prefer the Natural its way faster.