Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2010, 9:59 PM Reply   
Color chasing lights. These LED strips comes in 5 meter rolls (16 foot). Each roll can be cut every 5 inches depending on your application. The strip is ½ inch wide and has 3 RGB LEDs every 5 inch segment. Each controller can control 10 rolls. When connecting rolls end to end you need an amp every other roll. It’s best to connect the strips directly to the controller and not end to end. Depending on where you connect the strips either at the front of the roll or at the end you can make the lights zig zag or sequence in one direction.
http://www.youtube.com/user/grantwes#p/a/u/0/sf_vmdjmFNk
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-21-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
neat.
How much was a roll and did the controller come with?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
The RGB Rolls are $130 each and the controller's are $90.
Just guessing I think I might have 2 1/2 rolls in my whole boat. That's Speaker Rings, Cup holders, In and around the sub box's, Vents ,Grab handles, Ect

This stuff is super cool. You can program light show's. They can be set up to change color's with the music, Example: When the Bass hits the lights would go to a programed color or your choice. Kind of like what a computer EQ looks like. I just think it will be cool to have the whole boat sync'd where all the led's in the boat are doing the same thing at the same time. IMO if you Start with a advanced LED like this one that has multi channel your all good. What makes this LED strip diffrent is it has multi channel's threw out the strip. The traditional LED strips are 1 channel. That means the whole strip will and can only change 1 color at a time. Example Traditional RGB strips will NOT do patterns, They will only change colors. Controllers are getting better every day. Who know's what you will be able to do with RGB's in the future, The controller is the brain and as thing's get better faster you will be able to upgrade the controller and do more patterns colors ect. Im excited to work with this stuff. I gotta keep 1 step ahead of the rest of you, LOL
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-23-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
Grant, those lights are awesome! Do you have any video of it in the boat? I would love to see them installed.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
No I don't have any of the RGB's in the boat as of yet. They should be pretty cool when they are all done. I have a bunch of projects to do this winter.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-23-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Are you going to cover them so they are protected, or is there some kind of protective coating over them that is not obvious in the video?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
All the LEDs that I have been using are protected in their own plexy fixture like a cup holder ring or speaker ring. I have never used the waterproof LED strip's. Here is a video of 6 15 foot Strips going at once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOrhUVTe4gY
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-24-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
thats pretty wild. Cant wait to see how it looks in your boat.