Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    geebs000            04-09-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
i have an glastron i/o with a v hull. its got a fairly nice wake but i would like it to be a little big and much more solid. any suggustions on wieght placement. i have a ski storage area and storage under bow seats. not too much in rear. any tips would help, thanks.
Old    jmccallum            04-10-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
Get a custom ski locker sac and fill the locker to the max.

Then trim up your motor a bit and it should pretty good!
Old    wakemn651            04-10-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
How much does the locker sac in the picture weigh and what size is it?
Old    jmccallum            04-10-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
That one is about 650 lbs and 80" by 28" when flat. If you look by the hinge, there is a bit of gap between the sac and the ski locker wall.

I replaced it with an 75" by 35" when flat that I think is 750lbs at least (haven't measured it yet)
Old    jmccallum            04-10-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
This is how I hooked it up

Old    daveyboy            04-10-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
this looks like the setup for me. Did letsgoride supply you with all the fittings light hoses and switch etc?
Old    jmccallum            04-10-2003, 1:40 PM Reply   
No,
Pump by Simer BW8512 I think
switches and fittings from Home Depot
Thru hull fitting from local yacht store.
Old    jmccallum            04-10-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
"full" switch location

Old    daveyboy            04-10-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
are all the hose flex with worm gear clamps? Also what kind of switch for the light? The hull fitting is under the water level right?}
Old    daveyboy            04-10-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
sorry I didn't see all the pictures!
Old    jmccallum            04-11-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
I ended up locating the thru-hull in the ski locker as there was 1. no way to route hoses forward to the ski locker in my boat and 2. I'd never be able to get to the shut-off valve on top of the thru-hull in a hurry.

I mounted the pump inside the driver's console. This is a picture take look down thru one of the bow area cup holders. The yellow lofejackets on the left are under the right bow seat. The gray wall on the bottom is the wall of the drivers console in the walkway to the bow area. The wires hanging down on the right are from the backside of the dask board.

Old    jmccallum            04-11-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
I almost forgot to thank
Todd Raeside
Trace
Chris Hagris
Ty
And many others who took the time to answer my dumb questions

I encourage you to search old threads for pics and ideas. I got a lot of good info from them!

There some interesting pics of a system using hard tanks in this thread
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Boats and Boat Accessories » Using two 750 gph aerator pumps for autoballast?

Mike Freeman (ghetto) got everyones respect when he posted this extreme system
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Boats and Boat Accessories » Ballast and stereo project finished.

P.S. Stand by for phase two “Bigger and Faster”
Old    riverfreak            04-11-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
I've found that my i/o has a better wake with the sac in the front of the bow in the walkway 450lbs and your people in the back