Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
I'm traveling to Ottawa and Toronto next week on business. Arriving on Monday and will be in Ottawa and Smith Falls for most of the week. Finishing up in Toronto on Thursday and leaving Friday morning.

Anyone out there that wants to take a visiting WW'er out for an evening set?

What's the weather like? Anything I need to be sure to check out while I'm in the area? Bars, food, board shops, etc?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
My homie Mike is up there... his WW name is Toronto_Thunder. He rides and I believe coaches out at Wildwood. You could look up their camp number online... if he doesn't chime in on here.
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-27-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Hey brodude!

I live in London. It is about 2 hour drive from Toronto. We have an overly weighted 06 Malibu VLX. Your welcome to come for a shred sesh if you can make it to London...I work 8-5.. So we ride 5-9 pretty much every week night..

holla!
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
London is further west that I think I'll get, but way cool of you to throw that out there Mike. I'll probably be back later in the year and will try and fit that in. I gotta find some way to ride out there so I can go international!
Old     (ehwake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-27-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Nate...I'd recommend you make the drive up to Muskoka and hit up the Basecamp. So worth it if you can make the time. One of the best camps in North America. http://www.thebasecamp.ca/v2.html
They have a private rail lake to boot.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-28-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Base Camp is a great place... about 2 hours north of Toronto.

Unfortunetly Toronto doesn't have good boarding place too close to the city such as rivers etc.

Most boarding is done in the Kawarthas or Muskoka region about 1 1/2 - 2 hour away from the city.

torontothunder- I read above you coach at wildwood? As in Bayview Wildwood Resort?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-28-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
^Wildwood Conservation Area. Its a perfect little lake that almost always has flat water. Mike, are you the guys in the yellow and black Malibu, one of your crew rides a Company with a yellow base? I would give my left arm for a set behind your boat, you guys kill it out there.
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-28-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Basecamp is super sweet! Great spot, run by great people.. Yeah Ben, that's us at willywood. What boat are you usually riding behind? You can forsure come shred the gnar with us.. Were always lookin for new people who are stoked on riding... You gonna be out there at all on Sunday?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-28-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
I am in a little blue Bayliner, blue covers on the tubbies. We are usually out there on Sunday nights, I'll give you a wave if I see you. And please stop showing me up with backroll to reverts :-).