Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-11-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
I rode the peak last year, It was hands down my favourite board on the cable and rails. I had so much fun with the flex pattern in that board.

I noticed the changed the Peaks shape for this year, does anyone know if the flex pattern is similar?

Also, I have checked out the Raph board, has anyone tried that board yet either?
Old     (wakeskierbrad)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-11-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
The 2014 Deluxe shape is the same as the 2013 Peak Shape. So you can always stick with the same shape. Raph's board is said to be a mix between the 2013 Peak and 2013 FLX.

2013 Peak- CNC Wood PU Core, Center concave, Triax Glass.

2014 Peak- All Wood Core, Thinner profile, Lighter, Responsive Flex, New Rail Edge, Different Biax Glass weave provides the proper spring & snappy flex.

2014 Raph- Same Core as Peak- CNC Wood PU Core, 3 stringers.

I haven't ridden any yet, but most pro riders right now that rode the Peak Last year are on the Deluxe this year, might not have had the chance to really give the New 2014 Peak or Raph a fair shot yet as they are still in Competition Mode for the remaining contest.

Best suggestion would be to try all of them out, hopefully your local shop has some Demos. If not try and get to a Demo or Liquid Force Free For All next Spring to try them out!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-11-2013, 10:25 AM Reply   
If anyone demos them, please give your opinionated review and a list of boards you rode previously. I love to read the reviews.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-11-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
The old Peak is now the Deluxe if your looking for the same flex pattern. I've ridden both the Raph and the new Peak. The both were awesome at the cable. The new Peak is very thin but still has some decent rigidity. It also tracks better than the deluxe or the Raph but you don't even notice the channels on the board while hitting the features. I think you'll be happy with any of the 3 boards.

dezul - I only have 1 year of experience riding cable since I live in Cali and the board I have used all year at the cable was a 2011 FLX. That being said I ordered a Raph

Last edited by ryanw209; 10-11-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-11-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
When I demoed both these boards they were a size too small for me so I have a hard time commenting about flex patterns. One thing I remembered is for whatever reason both the Peak and Raph felt like they were slightly faster in the water than the deluxe(old Peak). The Raph has quite a bit of rocker to it which I'm sure flattens out when you stand on it. Here is some photos if that helps you guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by ryanw209; 10-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-19-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
How is the flex compared to last year? I know the 2013 peak is now the 2014 Deluxe, but I am curious about the new peak.

Would you say is has Less, the Same, or More flex as last years peak?

Also, with the new channels, did you notice it catch at all on rails?