Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (mattstrykul)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-16-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quick video of some weekend fun with me and my brother. I know it's nothin amazing but it was all fun.
What went wrong on my raley? What can I do to land it? That was my first attempt ever at it. I practiced alot on the wakeskate raley to break myself into it but when I tried it on the wakeboard I just dunno. I don't think I jumped right, maybe it was the cut. If only I regrabbed the handle haha. I almost landed on the board again.

http://media.putfile.com/wakeboarding-37-40
Old     (dcdman67)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-16-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
I would say that you need to get a little more pop. I think to do that you need to transition to your toes while riding up the wake. Looks like you are standing tall, so that is good.

One main thing that I can see is that you started to try and look to the shore which caused you to rotate. When you did it on the wakeskate it looked like you kept your eyes on the tower. If you look away at all, you will start to rotate. Keep your eyes on the tower!

I have the few that I have tried, but I have only tried 3. Someone who has them dialed can probably chime in and tell you exactly what you are doing wrong. You are almost there though.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-16-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Way to charge it man! Good stuff. I'm guessing that many will suggest that you keep your eye on the tower (this coming from a guy who has never attempted one). Good luck
Old     (mattstrykul)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-16-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I definetly did look down at my landing right after I looked at the tower, that probably was my problem. Next time I'll just look at the tower more. Thanks guys.
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       09-16-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
its important to cut at wake with equal weight on both feet and at bottom of wake i start to roll to my toes and think of doing a really big wake jump..think of just getting as much air as possible and let your hips out then just look at tower and pull the handle down....once you stick it one time you realize how easy of a trick it is