Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
what does everyone use for tower wiring and into the boat? I see on ebay they have a quick disconnect with 12ft of wire for speakers and lights for $75
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakeboard-To...ea6e54&vxp=mtr
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-20-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
That's exactly what I used (though mine wasn't stupidly positioned like the one shown on eBay). Works very well.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
sounds good, where did you install yours?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-20-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Directly next to the leg on my tower (my legs mount on the side of the hull instead of the top), the the wire wraps behind the tower and enters in. In the eBay picture, they should have placed the connector next to tower leg, then it wouldn't have stood out as much and had a much shorter wire to the tower. Here is mine (you'll see a 2nd wire going into the tower...that's for the tower LED):

Had I placed mine on the top of the hull it would have been a much further run and really stood out.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2013, 5:04 AM Reply   
what was your method of fishing the wires through the tower and back out the 1/2" hole?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
Ryan you can fish these really easily. Just get a 10 dollar fish tape from hd, lowes, etc. Tie a loose piece of string with a small piece of tape to the end of the fish tape (end you are feeding first) that is a foot long or so. Feed it through the hole and down the tower. When your fish tape gets to the end use a shop vac to suck out the loose string. You can then tie on your wire and fish it back through.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-30-2013, 7:40 PM Reply   
I can't recall what method I used to fish the wire original wire (the LED light). I know I used that wire as a pull string for the speaker wires. I'm guessing I either used a stretched out coat hanger or a glow rod. I might have used fish tape but I don't recall doing that. I've fished so many wires over the years it isn't memorable.
Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-03-2013, 5:53 AM Reply   
Do they make different pin connectors for different setups? I've got my 2 Kicker Horns and 2 Coxial Speakers plus a set of wires for lights coming through the tower. Would this quick connect work?