Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
Now the Tige dealer says he's blowing his boats out .

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/631556320.html
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-05-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
if this is real, which it isnt. why are all the pics taken outside of the fence?
Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-05-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
The local Tige' dealer owns the property where those boats are being stored in the picture. Surprised he is getting out of the biz........Seems to be alot more Tige's on the water than a few years ago........which stinks from my viewpoint......I think the next closest dealer is in Oregon! Too bad he doesn't have a 22i in stock, I would consider upgrading to a new one if he truly is getting rid of them just to close up quick. I know the numbers given are to the actual dealership........either 1) he really is getting out of the boat business, 2)someone got really pissed at the dealer and is trying to get a little revenge, or 3) he is just trying to sell some more boats this year.......
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-06-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
The Seattle dealer is in fact getting out of the boat business. From what I know, Dave worked hard representing Tige for a lot of years. This might in part be because his father was a big part of the dealership as family business, and he passed away unexpectedly last summer. Seattle is a strong inboard market and there will be a new Tige dealer there right away (probably with the support of the previous one). So yes, it is real, and that particular dealer is getting out of the boat business.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
Agreed with JK. The dealer and Tige want to sell the boats before they go to the next boat shop that will sell them.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       04-06-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
MXBOARDER: They have a new 2007 22i in stock. We were considering it but ended up buying a Supra 22SSV.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-06-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
You made the right choice, those 22ssv's are sweet.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-06-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Almost as sweet as a 22ve.
Old     (tige22ityper)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-07-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Dave shot me an email today........I guess they had a tough year last year with sales and this year has been tough as well. But there will be another Tige dealership taking over, which is good from a warranty standpoint.
JEFF: Also said he has no 22i's left.

NU BU: Can't compare the 22SSV and the 22i. V-Drive vs. DD, but I would take another 22i over any other direct drive out there.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
That's why I said he made a good decision, even over the 22ve.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       04-08-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
I am surprised to hear they are quitting. Also surprised to hear that the 22i is sold, it still shows up on Boattraderonline. They must not be updating their inventory online.