Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (BuckleNation)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
1st day attempting the backroll. all my landing were pretty identical to this one. Does anyone spot anything that could help me get myself positioned for a better landing.

Thanks

Here is my video. only 31 seconds

http://youtu.be/1Uui7lvL39Y

Last edited by BuckleNation; 06-20-2012 at 8:39 PM.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-20-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
How long is that line?
Old     (BuckleNation)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-21-2012, 4:49 AM Reply   
It is pulled all the way in. Im not sure what the actual length was. sorry.
Old     (RWBVride)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-21-2012, 4:58 AM Reply   
Take your back hand off the handle just as you spot your landing and you'll ride right out. That looks good for just your first day trying. Do this and you'll have it today. Good Luck!
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
That was an amazing first attempt! Spot that landing and ride it out!
Old     (BuckleNation)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-12-2012, 8:51 PM Reply   
Just thought I would update. I landed several this past weekend. Kept my elbows locked into my side and that seemed to be the last missing piece. thank for all the help
Old     (suprarider822)      Join Date: May 2008       07-30-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
I have been struggling with thi trick for 2 years! I seem to start my rotation before I'm even off the wake! Are you jumping and then rotating or dropping your shoulder at the top of the wake? I need help bad. I'm about to give up on it
Old     (dowork902)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-03-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
dont give up on it i just started getting them. i was doing the same thing i was starting to tuck my head before leaving the wake. what i found that helped was just do straight airs do like 3 attempts dont throw it but move ur head as if u were going for the roll then when your comfortable just throw it. If you hold that rope im sure you will land it. i did work for a day stright tried atleast 30 or more in a row it was frustrating as hell but you will get it.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-22-2012, 5:11 PM Reply   
Grats on your new trick. If anything I would try to start getting use to not trying to 'throw' the trick. You almost huck it. I am sure you have fixed it by now, but you want to be able to make it nice and easy so that grab is nice and easy too.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-22-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
Nice Job! First attempt was MONEY!