Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-10-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
The Megan McNeil deal aside, did anyone see any kind of vests of personal floatation devices listed in the WBM gear guide? I'm looking for a new vest this year, so I thought I'd check both gear guides. Alliance had over 2 pages dedicated to PFD's, but I didn't see a single vest listed in Wakeboard Magazine. I just thought this was very interesting, especially with regards to WBM's photo/vest policy after Corey Kraut's death.

Hate to bring up the quality of WBM's content, but "biggest guide ever" "over 400 products inside", and not a single vest? What do you guys think? Did I just miss the vest page? Anyone from WBM care to comment?
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-10-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Don't they usually list the vests and wetsuits in a later edition? That's what they've done the past couple years.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-10-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
I just received an Email from WBM, and it looks like you are right, Maestro. They will follow up with wet/dry suits, and then with PFD's.

Although I'd rather see vests listed in the big issue, with the other essential equipment (boards, bindings, ropes/handles), I am none the less impressed with WBM's quick response, and reactions to their reader's concerns. I was even asked for my opinion of the plans for the subsequent supplementry guide issues, which to me, goes a long way (credibility). Thank you Matt!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on January 10, 2004)