Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sky_high)      Join Date: May 2008       04-15-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Looking to buy a super air nautique. Can someone please tell me the difference in the 04-06 bots and the newer 07 hull design. Pros and cons we do a lot of surfing and wake boarding. Looking at the 210 San
Thanks for your help
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-15-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
04 San has an ugly tower, 05 has the normal tower and a better factory Polk stereo, the 06 has the beefy tower and a normal left hand rotation for the prop which makes surfing regular footed on the port side easier and better, and the 07 went to the 98" beam and I can't really tell you much more than that, never rode one of those.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
The older hulls are narorower which means you don't need nearly as much weight to produce a huge wake. IMO you have to put alot of weight in the newer 210 which then makes the boat seem under powered. Others might not agree. Prop rotation matters for surfing too. Are you regular or goofy?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-15-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1257268637

The 99-06 SAN 210 is widely considered one of the best wakes ever, but it can be a bit hard on your knees. (Very vertical, trough before wake)

I have not heard the complaint about the new 210 needing a ton of weight, but the 07+ 210 definately has a more mellow and rampy wake than the 99-06.
Old     (sky_high)      Join Date: May 2008       04-15-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Has anyone had any experience with the newer hull?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
I have. I own an 05 SAN and have a friend with an 07 SAN. I prefer the wake, handling and the power of mine any day. I do like his interior space better though but, you're just asking about hulls.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-15-2012, 10:25 PM Reply   
i guess that I am not very picky with wake shapes because I love most. the 3 boats I ride most are an old san 210, new san 210, and A22. all 3 wakes are very different. The old 210 is, and always will be, a classic, amazing wake, takes less weight than most boats to have an incredibly big wake. I always have fun riding that wake even though I really prefer rampy mellow wake shapes. the new 210 wake is really really fun. I get to ride a moderately weighted 08 and the wake is very nice. drastically different shape from the old 210 which when it first appeared in 07, upset hard core nautique owners/fans. it is wider with a much smoother transition compared to the old 210. It takes more weight to get an equal sized wake. the boat handles better, has way more space for storage and seating, the rear facing seating options are cool.