Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (gotboost)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Is the boat in the topic a good boat. I am having a hard time deciding what boat to buy and my dealer has an 07 Elite that has everything I want except a stereo and perfect pass (both of which I can easily add later) for $38,400 + a $500 gas card and a free wakeboard. I've mainly been looking at the Tige' 20v, Mastercraft X1, or Sanger V215, but if the centurion is a good boat I may just go with it. I am taking it out for a demo tomorrow morning so I guess I will see how it goes.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
I'd bet you'll be disappointed with the fit and finish of the Centurion although that is a good price.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
I don't think you will be disappointed!
But you be the judge and let us know what you think! I have had several Centurions and there quality and fit and finish have gottne better every year IMHO of course
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
I have one. We got it 2 summers ago. No problems other than a water sensor went bad so it would beep every few minutes. But that's all that was wrong. Fixed under warranty of course. The wake is a little tough to clean up if you have just the center ballast. I think it's a great boat.
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-26-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
I have one as well. we have had it for 2 years with 150 hours - no issues at all. Get the perfect pass right away. You will be glad you did. If you have the dealer install the perfect pass, it will be covered under warranty. We love the Elite V C4. Test drive it for sure.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
Just to be clear the boat manufacturer would not cover any dealer installed options they would be covered by the manufacture of the options warranty
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-26-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/477475.html?1185121948

ryan i left you a couple mesages, never heard back. alot of people on here will back my boat up. no worries just let me know what your thinking.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       07-27-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
I just boat an 06 elite v. And we where between the Tige' 20v and the centruion. The Tige' was a nice boat but at a foot and half shorter seemed cramped. The 2 seem very comparable in how they drove and the interior. I was not disapointed with the centurion. Good surf wake. have not set it up for wakeboarding yet though.
Get the PP right away. I love it.

(Message edited by michealhoward on July 27, 2007)
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
I have an 07. It's my first v-drive and has been a great boat. The only thing lacking is internal ballast. I added the v-drive sacks from fly high and will do the bow one next. After that I am going to automate it all with some pumps valves and switches. It's everything I demanded from the dealer and like you will be adding things later. I am pretty handy and hate seeing how expensive "skilled" labor is from dealerships so I am adding PP and upgrading the factory stereo on my own. I hear a LOT of good things about the Sanger's wake I don't think anyone will tell you an X1 is a bucket, and I don't know a lot about Tige's products. It seems the elite v should be the cheaper of the list and my assumption would be the X1 on or near the top of that list. Drive them all I would do the elite V again personally I like my payments and the boat.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-27-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Does the wake clean up with the ballast installed? I am looking at this boat as well. Is the Mercruiser 350 mag that is standatd in these boats enough power?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-27-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
350 mage will not push as much wieght as a 330 scorp
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       07-27-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
I have teh 330 scorp and run about 2000# ballast and people and it does just fine.

This weekend I plan on setting it up for wakeboarding so I will let you know how it is. But the surf wake is nice.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Our first boat was an 05 centurion sport bow rider and yeah after a year you can see the flaws in craftmenship but now we have a centurion enzo it is well put together with no flaws that i see.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
The wake tuning has been more of a hassle of the pussies I ride with than anything else. Everyone says "you're not good enough to need a wake that big." This is with the stock ~200lbs tank. No one likes to wait for the sacks to fill up. I say sack up... man up... give it hell lol. This is pretty much my first season of boarding and I'm about 60 lbs more than the next biggest person on my boat. For the purist I would suggest looking at other boats in the same pricerange ie. moomba. This boat has a deeper V in the hull and rides like a dream in the chop for a v-drive. I pass a lot of v-drives on the way to and from the ramp and marina because they're rockin' their teeth out while its smooth sailin' for me, they soon pull in behind me. I have the 330 scorp and don't see it being a potential for needing more power but then again I might have a total of 1500lbs in it ballast and people.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
FYI for all of those with a fit and finish concern about Centurion.....If you have not looked at these boats in the past two years you have not seen the upgrades that have been made. I agree that a few years ago they were seriously lacking a flashy interior and I think Centurion learned that as well and have progressively made upgrades to the interior.

The wake will be totally different on a 2007 compared to any previous Elite V C4/Lightning C4. A center ballast to start with will be fine. It is a great boat especially for the money. Good Luck!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-29-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
NAte that because of the tracking fins?
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-30-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
I was able to clean the wake up behind my 05 avalanche by fine tunning my manual wakeplate. Basically one side is tweaked down completely. Then I have two 350lb sacs I store in the rear lockers along with the center ballast and about 150lbs in the bow and it throws a clean wake. I weight the port side a little heavier also. I was also surprised that you don't have to throw that much weight in the front to get a massive wake. I love my avalanche and I have never got any complaints from different riders. The Elite V is just a foot shorter than the Avy and from what I have seen they are great boats.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       07-30-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
The only other main difference is that the AVY's beam is 7 inches wider then the Elite's.
Old     (icephoenix25)      Join Date: May 2007       07-30-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
I was also interested in an Elite-V C4. I finally got to take a look a one recently and came away very impressed with the quality. Of course that was on the show room floor, but it still looked great, especially the price. I thought it'd be close to if not as much as Sanger or Tige. I'm in no hurry though, but do dealers tend to make better deals in the winter?
Old     (gotboost)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
I went and test drove the boat on Friday and bought it and put about 20 hours on it Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday and was very satisfied. This is the first boat I have ever owned and for the price I don't think I could beat it. I paid $37,900 before tax and the boat has almost every option except perfect pass and a stero system which I will add right away.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       07-31-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
Congrats. You will love the boat. We love ours.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-31-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
I second that, post pics when you can
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-31-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
RTH, Let us know what you think about the wake, and if you had to adjust any weight to make it better. Thanks and congrats.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
that sounds great. I would assume that like any boat you have to adjsut the weight to get the best wake
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       08-01-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of my surf wake. with about 2000# on the surf side. One of these days I will set it up for wakeboarding.
Upload
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-01-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Damn...That's a clean surf wake
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-01-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
I'd hit it
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-01-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
congrats on the new boat ryan. everything happens for a reason. get some pics of that bad boy asap. and SLAM IT baby ya
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
congrats, hope you'll be as pleased with it as much as we have.
Old     (06aw)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have a 06' elite v c4. I love it. It has a good wakeboarding wake and an awsome wakesurf wake. I had to play with it a little to get cleaned up but once I figured out where to put the weight it was more than enough wake for my skill level. This is my second summer in the boat and no problems with quality or fit and finish. I think the people that think Centurion's quality is poor hasn't experience the newer Centurions. RTH, I hope you enjoy your boat as much as I have. By the way, you'll love the PP once you get it.