Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    dbogart            06-18-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
guys,

ive got two options here:

1)sell my 1997 17 ft princecraft and trailer, get a few grand and buy a cheap boat to use for wakeboarding..

or

2)get a 50 hp engine and install it on the princecraft, and hope its enough to wakeboard behind.

what would you guys do??
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Sell it!
Old    foobysmacker            06-18-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Sell it.

I had an old runabout (1978 Marlin) for a few years just wakeboarding casually. It was an IO with a modified V hull and the wake absolutely stunk in my opinon. Short, steep and totally crumbly. Adding weight to it made it tall, steep, and crumbly!

Got rid of that and picked up an inboard ski boat. NOW when I add weight I get the shape and height I want. Regardless of what you spend, there's only so much you can do to make a non-wakeboarding boat do wakeboarding well.

No doubt you've probably seen the WW threads here on what boat to get for lower budgets. If not, do a search for cheap wakeboarding boat options.

I would take an older inboard ski boat over a brand new V-hull IO for wakeboarding any day. My kids seem to like any boat they get to ride in, so it comes down to what makes ME happy. And for me, (now) it's all about throwing a good wake!

Then again, that's just me-- I certainly wouldn't want to start a discussion over whether "A" is inherently better than "B".

Old    samcdog            06-18-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
Sell Sell Sell
Old    riderzedge04            06-18-2004, 11:52 PM Reply   
man sell it there are boats out there for sale to get you by
Old    riderzedge04            06-18-2004, 11:53 PM Reply   
sell it man it is ez to just find a new one may be better
Old    murrayair            06-19-2004, 12:34 AM Reply   
Sell it! Now! Quickly, before it's too late!
Old    dbogart            06-22-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
ok guys, the fishing boat hits ebay soon. adios boring fishing boat! i'll get one of those when im old!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
Im glad i got lucky with my I/O's wake, its definitely better then some IB wakes as my buddy did sell his IB and got a V to replace it.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
SELL