Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-06-2005, 11:53 PM Reply   
I keep busy as possible this winter doing some minor makeovers on my 2005 V215.

I applied gator-grip to the trailor is the slick spots and some on the boat without over doing it..

I pulled te stock steering wheel and put a new Billet collum adapter on that needed some modifing then put a new Billet Flame steering wheel that has half leather wrap and perfect finger grooves on the back.

I pulled the little shifter knob off and replaced it with this billet one also needing a minor mod.

I then made a custom MP-3 holder from plexiglass and wraped it with carbon decal to match the dash etc. it holds a Dell Jukebox or a Creative Zen. Perfect placement right above the shifter.

heres a biger shot of the 3...

I had a friend redo the flames (and the sundeck itself) on the sundeck that were white then I dyed but wasnt sure how many seasons it would hold up (fine after the first)

I now have drawn a picture to go with the boat theme and with begin routing it out soon.

Here she is after returning yesterday from Folsom Lake...

My other priject was my other baby
2001 Camaro SS...I put a new Eibach suspension kit on her..

I do have other projects in mind but my 11month old son is now taking alot of my attention away from them wanting to go out more with the better weather we are having...Thanks to those of you that have helped me along this winter season
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-07-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
That boat is way cool man! I love the colors and the flamed out theme is coming together nicely!

Eric
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
Thanx .....
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Kenny,

The rest of your boat looks so good, you gotta do something about those CF numbers, they just look too simple. At least a progressive slant in green with black outline...

Lookin good,
Mikeski
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
good idea, those are just the basic black ones that I painted to match the boat.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-07-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
Nice job! The boat looks great! I'll have Tate take some pics of our upgrades too and I'll post them.

You can have some custom vinyl lettering for your RF numbers as well as you boat name done at Speedy Signs.com (http://www.speedysigns.com/lettering/lettering_tool.asp). They do a good job and they are CHEAP! We just had our boat name done and and it came out great! You can design it right on the website and see what it will look like.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-07-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Why are you pulling a boat like that with a red camaro? You definately need a matching tow vehicle, like a green camaro...

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
Renee what did you name her? howmuch it cost cause I do have a name in mind!!!

I dont pull it with a red camaro mine is Hugger Orange custom paint job. Just looks that way caus eof the light. I pull it with my 2005 Chevy (4x4) Avalanche that is FULLY LOADED!. I wouldnt pull with the SS anyways sorry for not informing it was just another winter project installing the new suspension..
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-07-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
Kenny, you trying to out do me? the boat looks great. I hope to have my steering wheel installed soon and now what did you do to the flames? I was just about to have the vinyl dye matched to do my flames. help a brother out. Your wax and vinyl cleaner are on the way, they hit the mail box yesterday.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-07-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
We named her "Only Child"... because that's what she is, our Only Child. Notice the license plate too "CHLDLSS". The frame, which you can't see all of says "You have kids, we have toys"

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-07-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
I hope you all are going to be at hte regatta in June.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-07-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
It's on my calendar! Are you planning to post anything in the Events secton for more details such as meeting/camping areas?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
Gary, the dye was holding great with no problems and I had no real need but a friend of said his dad would redo the decks if I got the material. I search for a month the the correct colors finding the Lime Cooler Green in FL. and I had to get the other from Scott Pelaton for a perfect match. He re-did the two deck panels only and they look amazing. If I had to pay for the work I would have even started the journey.

As for the steering wheel it took bout 4 hours of modifing the collum adpter to fit with the key, I coulnt find that type of adapter anywhere! I had to shave off the teeth then cut a hole perfectly for the key to fit. I would do it again.. The MP-3 player I made out of plexiglass I bought from Home Depot (Grant (WC)) gave me the idea. I just used a heat gun and formed it, which I made about 5 pieces before geting it right, then I used carbon fiber decal from e-bay to go with the dash and I put a small thin black piece of vynle so as not to scratch the player, I then got a stereo arm for ceiling mounting frmo frys to mount it on so that way it is fully adjustable.

The shifter knob was a different story I had to cut a piece of gal steel treat it then tap it to fit so that the knob would be solid, not just a basic screw story as I thought it would be, I do have some sick shifters that would look great on the boat that I didnt use, carbon fiber and all!

Not trying to out do but just be different, my wife says I just cant leave things well enough alone after we buy them!

Any help you want just give me a holla... and YES I plan to be there in June!!!

Renee that name on the bad is sweet.....
I am naming ours GREEN WITH ENVY.....You like? I must thank Chris for the Gator Grip
Old    jmo52            03-07-2005, 11:56 PM Reply   
I like that steering wheel Kenny. Glad to see you got it off.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2005, 4:31 AM Reply   
Renee - Thanks for the tip on the site. Thats really great!

Hope to see all of you in June.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-08-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
Renee, Kenny, and all others;
The regatta will be a hogan and I would get your campsites asap, the weekend will be the 24-26th with the actual regatta on the 25th. I am trying to take over wrinkle cove but have not gotten the final details finalized yet. There is a fireworks show on Saturday night and things are shaping up nicely. i have not sent out e-mails yet due to the final details still in question. I will try to get it all in order by the end of the month.

Kenny the boat looks great, I hope I can add as much originality to mine. Don't worry your not alone, my wife says the smae thing about just leaving things alone. Its just a guy thing.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Gary,

I made the mistake of telling Tate (in a somewhat pouty voice) that we (you and I) had the SAME boat... now he's on a rampage to make it different. I think the only thing that sets us apart is our speaker pod. I wonder how many of ours are out there?

I think I'll wait to make reservations until I find out what campground everyone is planning to stay at.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
great pic renee, I need one like that on the water....I'm jealous
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
I wasnt planing on camping out. I will prolly fly in for business during the week. Drive out there saturday morning and back that evening and get on a plane.

What you need to do is put some xmas lights and a Disco ball on the tower. Then get an extension pole to the tow point on the sun pad and viola, instant floating gentlemens club :-) ... just add Go-Go girl. -- Now your boat can suplement your income as well. THEN you can add a built in beer keg (ballast) to the rear storage containers and mount the spicket by the passanger seat.

In case your in that angy mood, something Ive ALWAYS wanted to do to my car is add some paintball guns. Just mount them just above where the tower attaches to the hull and you can chase down and cream those annoying JetSkis ruining the butter.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
I already have the paintball guns (2) and 2 cases of paint!!

Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Kenny, let us know when you're heading out again and we'll see if we can meet up and take some on the water action shots. We got som really good ones... I want to get some different pictures where I (the other owner) is actaully in the boat too . Here's another one while underway.

Chris... don't think the disco ball and neon lights hasn't been discussed as a possibility!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
Well what comes to mine quickly is your (as you call it) 'Bouncing Boobie Test' to the Gentlemens Wake a Go-Go lounge. So go ahead and add the disco ball. Actually I guy here in TX has one and it really looks good.

(Message edited by ccwhite on March 08, 2005)
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
That's AWESOME!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
I guess the only child is going disco now.

Another idea.. I have seen lights that will react to noise/vibration.. I wonder how they would work on inside your boat. So you can have the insides light up and flash in synch w/ your music :-)

That will be $40,000 for my consulting fees please
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-08-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
Hey, we have out disco cartridge in the cd changer. Hmm... where to hang the ball. The speaker pod is kinda in the way. I like the sound activated lights idea.

If I had $40k to pay YOU for consulting... I could pay off my boat!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-08-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Well, since you don't have the cash, ill just take your boat in trade until you can pay your bill. Ill be over to collect it in five minutes :-)