Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-12-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
I think I am going to purchase a pair of Fusion tower, I know they are going out of biz, but the price is sweet.
Question is, have any of you installed these? They are the T Series 3-Way Speaker Combination with LED. Is there a separate power wire that needs ran directly to the battery? Any help would be awesome. I can't find anything online.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-13-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
You will need to run an extra speaker wire (+/-) to each speaker in order to get the LED's to work. I hooked up a pair a couple years ago and they were using a different connection system that had everything wired in the pig tail that screwed into the top of the speaker. It made it easy but who knows what connection system you will get.

The diamond audio components sound awesome. Make sure to wipe them down after every time out on the water to slow the pitting in the chrome.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-13-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Spencer!
Since you say speaker wire.... it pulls power from the amp? Will this take away some power to the speakers? Should it be ran from its own channel? Can I just splice into a speaker wire at the speaker itself and run it to the LED? Or - would it be easier to run a separate wire from the battery off a switch at the helm? Will this be too much power?
I asked the guy selling them on EBay - but I think he is a liquidator and has no idea.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-13-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
run these seperate from the stereo, utilize a switch on the dash. Since they are LED they don't draw much power at all and you don't need any relay or anything, just power at a switch.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-13-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Thanks Dan (btw - I checked your profile - the greatest thread - just read it. Hilarious!)

so, i just need to put a switch in, run a hot wire up to the LEDs. Will there be a negative wire that needs ran back to the battery?
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-13-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
yeah, the speakers should come with a plug that has a pos and neg. Like someone mentioned before even speaker wire is enough as LED carry low current. It's likely you have a ground bar behind your dash so you can just jump on that instead of needing to go all the way back to the battery.

that thread was a good one back in the day when I was around here more.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-13-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Sorry, I was unclear. I used speaker wire because if worked perfectly for wiring them. I added a relay and installed a switch next the the stereo.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-14-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
Awesome - thanks guys! I have neons in the boat already, so I will probably just run it off the same current. That way - when the neons go on in the boat, the LEDs come alive on the tower.

Spencer - you had the Fusions? did you like them? I want Wetsounds (who doesn't) but just can't swing the G to get them.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-14-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
I have had the T-Series combos and they rocked. If you can get 200 to 250 watts of clean power to them they will be loud and clear. We upgraded to one pair of the Pro 80's and they sounded like Wetsounds do but you will be happy with the Fusion speakers. For the price and the styling you cant go wrong unless you need to warranty at which time you will need to use the Wakeworld search tool.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
You need to put a 5A fuse in line with the 12V power wire as close to the battery as possible.