Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
I do not have a PS3 (or any game console) at the moment so I have no idea what this game is like but those of you with PS3's might want to check it out:

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1077390p1.html
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-13-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
unfortunately it doesnt look too good. ill be getting it when it comes out though. ill post what i thought about it on here
Old     (lemonhead)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-16-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Vid of the game

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-psn-march-25/

Looks sweet!
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       03-16-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
Looks like burnstrick wakebaording. It was called something like that. But it looks kinda crazy and ridiculous . Not going to spend the money on it.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-17-2010, 3:59 AM Reply   
Looks like it uses the exact same rider control engine as Murray's Wakeboarding and is alot more unrealistic looking than say tony hawke games
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2010, 6:09 AM Reply   
Now follow that Dolphin!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-17-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
They need to sack out the boat the wake looks wacked!!
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
It cannot be said any better than "follow that dolphin" we played the hell outta that game back in the day. I don't think i will be purchasing that game. Looks like a mix between a Japanese cartoon and some sort of wake boarding.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-17-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
You know what, I went last week & picked up a extra copy of wakeboarding unleased from gamestop for occasions like this..
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-18-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
game looks cheesy but ill still probably pick it up
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-18-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
Game definitely looks cheesy, but I can see the other side of it. It needs to appeal to more than the wakeworld crowd or else it'd just be big backside 180s and certainly no indy grabs. I think it'd actually be pretty boring if a game was just like real life wakeboarding...its one thing to really land that first 360, its another to push X, O, up arrow to do it on a game.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-31-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
Well i downloaded the game and have played it for a couple hours. As expected it is a complete let down. Instead of being a wakeboarding game is much more of a wave race/ collect the stars or objects game and the mode of transportation is a wakeboarder. Very simple game with completly unrealistic....well everything. The amount of tricks that can be done are limited and even the spelling of the tricks are incorrect like when you do a "Whirlybyrd" for instence. Any way its not that fun, has long load times, only three playable characters and if you need to feed your wakeboard fix through video games you should go pick up Wakeboarding unleashed like David did.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-31-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
I wish they had a realistic wakeboarding game. I think it would be fun...maybe have it to where you compete in the PWT, or create a rider and have to train on wake, cable, and compete in local events to build your wakeboarder up to the level of riding at the PTW.....and maybe along the way have where you can sign with different companies...Idk the list goes on and on. I think online play on a realistic wake game to go face to face against another person in the Ptw would just be worth however much games cost these days.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Brad, you mean kinda like EA makes the Madden, NCAA Football and then the MLB The show series right? Where you basically have to prove yourself to make it to the pro level. But then, if you wanted to play as your fav team, you could.

So EA should make the wakeboard game. Have different things like Pro tour, local tour, and something like rising star where you create yourself and get sponsors, enter local comps, then compete on JR PWT and then go onto PWT. Compete for fans and other things. Thats just my $.02 tho.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
^^ I think the Amped snowboarding engine/game would be a perfect runover to then make a wakeboard game

they totally had that same overall story of coming up through the ranks etc etc.... that game was semi-realistic too
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-31-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
ughhhhhh. looks just the wave race that old N64 game.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
Yeah I'd want it to be realistic like actual boards, bindings, handles, boats, ballast systems.

would be cool to have like odub, TSR, Mccormicks, ect for like training. then actual lakes they ride on in comps.

EA would totally do a great job with this game.....I'm sure they could talk with Murray and he would throw in some great ideas since his game is the only legit wakeboard game