Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (boatutah)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-09-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
Fred's Marine will have an Epic 23V at the Jordanelle Boat Show from May 16-18, at the Hailstone Marina. Feel free to come up and take a ride!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Hey... any idea where they are getting the hulls from... because there is a storage yard full of them here.. and they have been sitting here for a very long time... my guess is now that they have a factory in the US... that they are building them there... but no one knows...
Old     (boatutah)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-09-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Kyle,
I'm familiar with a lot of the things you've said on these discussion boards. If you have something of value feel free to post it on here, if not, I would appreciate it if you would keeps comments like that to yourself.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-09-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
ouch freedom of speech can kiss yer a$$ eh? This topic has come up quite a few times actually; about the amount of product which seems to be just sitting. I remember a thread where there were pics of epics off some freeway (in ca?) where they were made but just sitting collecting dust.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
WOW i think kyle struck a nerve (he is good at that) but what he says is true so why get so bent out of shape about it. i find kyle's post very helpful just because you dont like what he has to say dont speak for the rest of us. testify kyle im all ears brother.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
FYI I read on here that Fineline were now producing the hulls for epic.

Maybe epic told Katana to go jam it and all those hulls are now bath tubs for cunuks to wash there feet in?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-09-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
I am confused? Is Epic Boats back in business? Is this different from the Toyota Epics?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
Whats up Joe? When are you and Frankie coming to NZ to hang out & ride?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-09-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
Yes it is different then the "Toyota" boats last I checked they were using Volvo/Penta 8.1 liter motors which I believe are more than twice the size of the "Lexus" motors.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-09-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
no they are using mercs now, Totally different companies. Do some searches for Epic. The new ones have stock 4k in ballast, check out their website
http://www.epicboats.com/
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
Volvo has supposedly solved the problem with the oil starvation problem on the application when used in the Epics... they have designed an oil pan with large baffles... I don't know who is repsonsible for the replacement for those who have the older Epics with the Volvo 8.1... but there is a solution now to the problem.. so that is good.

As for the hulls sitting at Katana... if in fact they are not going to be used by Epic... I wonder if it is possible for people to build their own customized Epic and hire Katana to custom build their Epic with the hull/decks that are sitting in their compound.

Sorry if my comments offend Utah Boater... I am just jealous... because pologamy is legal there... we have Bountiful here.. and the authorities are all over them!

Back to the original post... I was just asking a question... sorry that I offended you!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-10-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Easy Kyle, lots of people from Utah on here so don't be an Ahole.
Old     (boatutah)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-10-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Guys, Kyle didn't offend me at all, so no need to feel sorry for me. There's a lot of riders in Utah that want to get behind an Epic, so we're just trying to get the word out to everyone that we'll be up there with one for them to ride. Epic hulls are being made in the US now. Also, WakeUtah is having a video premier on Friday night May 16th at Westminster, check out their website for the time and place.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
FYI

Fineline is not building the Epic.....but they will be. They have the contract but have to get all the molds and tech in place
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
So what do http://www.aptera.com and http://www.epicboats.com/ have in common
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
If some one gave me one of thoes BATH TUB's I would love it. I would build my dream boat. A empty Epic would be a blank canvas. I bet you I could build one of the sickest wake boats from that platform you have ever seen. Anyone from Epic wanna take me up on that!
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-22-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
A blank canvas would be fun. I think I would try and find a Cummins 4BT to drop in that thing.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
I will take one to. How much?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
While it might seem like Utah Boarder got mad at Kyle for no reason, Kyle has a long history of subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) hatred towards Epic.

His posts are often framed just like his first one. He time and time again has asked questions that point out something "bad" about Epic. A typical Kyle post looks like this: "So, I heard that Epics turn to dust in the water? Is that true? I'm just a curious uninterested person that wants to see if this rumor is true and hope Epic has great success. Is it also true that the cockpit instruments malfunction and kill endangered seals and polar bears? I sure hope Epic does well!"

This time Kyle might have a legitimate question but given his past, I don't think Utah was out of line.

(Message edited by joshugan on May 22, 2008)

(Message edited by joshugan on May 22, 2008)
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-22-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
Epics kill endangered seals? That's not good. Wait till the word gets out.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
ever wonder what Chris has been up to why the wakeboat seems to be on the back burner

http://www.wired.com/cars/futuretransport/magazine/16-01/ff_100mpg?currentPage=4
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-22-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Joe can you share your popcorn?
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-22-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
i was at the epic factory last weekend. they had about 15 boats in there. the volvo problem has been fixed. but they are using the mercs now. but they are still pumpin the boats out. and i heard that matt is close to being finished with the 21v.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2008, 11:34 PM Reply   
Its official... well from my neck of the woods anyways... All of the molds, decks, hulls.. and anything else to do with Epic has left the Okanagan... a shipping/transport company came and picked everything up and took it to CA... it wasnt really that smooth... because there were few trucks... and the finished decks/hulls were being shipped to Epic's assembly plant.. but the molds were being shipped to a "storage facility".... but the trucker said it was going to Merced... so I am assuming a boat builder there.

I don't think there was really a "falling out" with the boat builder here... but Epic just ran into a bit of bad luck...

The swing in the CAD$ vs USD$.
Volvo's slow response to solving the oil starvation issue.
The economic landscape.

So no doubt... this was all out of their control....

Those that had wondered if a new boat company will make it... if they can get through those issues... you would think they should be exponentially stronger once the dollar and economy turns around...

I will apologize now to those Epic supporters... if this post in any way shape or form offends them.

Sorry
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-27-2008, 5:27 AM Reply   
Dude, you gotta quit stalking Epic... it's getting creepy...
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-27-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
Haha....Agreed Brit.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Hey Brit... M Dizzle... I am tailing the trucks right now... I am following the molds.... I think it looks like they are negotiating a deal with a well known boat manufacturer is Merced... hmmm... Damn... we lost the contract up here...

I am just going to sneak around the other side of the truck.. and sneak into the factory.... one sec.....

Hmmm... I wonder if they will be infusing their hulls... like they did in Canada? Or will it try chopper or hand laid....

Ohhhh... I see some other cool boats being built here too!!!! Very nice... Some other brands being built in this facotry... some cool 09 stuff in the works...

Can't share my spy photos... I am sworn to secrecy!
Old     (wakeskywalker)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-27-2008, 11:17 PM Reply   
Kyle give it rest. Dude grow up and quit hidin behind your keyboard. With the mouth on you I can't see anyone thinking your even some what cool. Do you remember meUpload
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2008, 1:23 AM Reply   
"Can't share my spy photos... I am sworn to secrecy!"

- No problem at all.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2008, 1:39 AM Reply   
The pirate Epic is sick!
Old     (hcal)      Join Date: May 2008       05-28-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hell yeah...the pirate epic looks great.

So does this new wrap

Upload
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Holy Cow! That thing looks incredible...
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
WakeSkyWalker... of course I remember you. Yeah... No I dont have any friends. That is why I spend all of my time on the keyboard.

I only wish I had the lifestyle everyone has on here.. boats, big trucks.. nice homes.. etc...

I have to rely on my mom and dad to get anything... but something is better than nothing.

Still amazed how many people hold grudges when someone makes a criticism on these forums.

I think that is what makes these forums useful... the good and bad comments... or opinions.. or suggestions...

I also think that is what makes companies build better products... they take the good and the bad input and take it all into consideration.

I would assume it is the same in your sport... if all you received from your corner was positives... it would be difficult to improve and move forward in your sport.

As for hiding behind my keyboard... no... it is a skinny little bluetooth keyboard...

If I were to hide behind someone... I would choose...

GSP

Best of luck in KOC... go kick some a$$!!!

Those wraps look great!!!

With the boats being build so close to the creator... I am sure things will cruise along smoothly now...

I know it was tough with Chris making trips from SD to Canada all the time...

I am sure with Katana buying out Liquid Ride... they would have spent more time building their own tournament wakeboard boat rather than continuing to focus their efforts into Epic.

I think this move for Epic was a good one... logistically, financially, and personnel wise.

I can understand why people think I had a hetred towards Epic.. when I didn't...

Personally... I felt a little responsible for them going with Volvo... the only reason was... is the builder here was a Volvo dealer... so they went with Volvo...

I thought when I connected Epic and the local boat builder... is that they would build the boat virtually the same as the black prototype... but then it underwent major changes... construction, engine, and a bunch of other things which probably delayed the unveiling by about 6-12 months.

If they would have found a builder in the US at that same time and stuck with PCM... we would have never seen the motor issues that they had and probably seen a production model a bit sooner.

Overall... I think it is a good move for Epic.. new engine... easily serviced....

Volvo has stepped up with a solution for those with the Volvo... so hopefully everyone gets the new oil pan...

I am going to guess you will see a lot more on the water this summer with Epic having their own assembly plant.