Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    rainrider            04-29-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
Where are the great weekend spots in Washington? Any secrets? Camping, launching, girls?? Include some pics if you've got em. Lake Rosevelt? When's the big weekend? Fill the new guy in. Thanks
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-29-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
it all depends on where you are coming from. roosevelt is a long ways for a weekend trip. entiat is always good or crescent bar. water might be a tad bit chilly still.
Old    rainrider            04-29-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
I'd be coming from Seattle. I've heard good things about crescent bar. Are there particular weekends better than others?
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-29-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
Moses Lake Memorial day is killer! Water is always butta! If you head over to the sand dunes in the day it's a huge party!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-29-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
Well there is Lake Cushman, which is west of Olympia, kinda near Shelton.

There is Lake Mayfield about an hour south of Olympia (they have an island you can rent for camping purposes if you have lots of people).

There is Lake Chelan, but the water gets really choppy by 9am, but then you can go 30 minutes to the river for the rest of the day and then party in Chelan at night.

Pot Holes are near Mosee Lake, you can stay at the state park and party, plus there are tons of pot holes around, my two favorites are Upper Goose and Warden.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2004, 10:57 PM Reply   
Lincoln Rock has awesome campgrounds, right on the Columbia. Great water to ride on...miles and miles of butter!

Or, you could just hit up Lake Washington and/or Lake Sammamish on the weekends. I heard they're nearly desserted on weekends.

(Message edited by dakid on April 29, 2004)
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2004, 2:24 AM Reply   
Kevin,
If you like the water a little warmer with less boat traffic and smooth water, try the Snake River. Start with Charbonogh and Fishhhook parks and wirk up river to Central Ferry. We did Central Ferry for Labor day and pretty much had it to ourselves.
For parties, try Crescent Bar north of Vantage.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2004, 2:26 AM Reply   
Another shot
Old    bsoto            04-30-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
Kirk where are those last two pics from?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-30-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
Kevin, Pateros on Memorial day. The motel is totally booked but if you have a camper or motorhome ther is parking right on the water for $5 a night. There will be a bunch of us there from Friday night to Monday afternoon. Shoot me an e-mail if you want more specifics.

We usually hit Sammamish on the weekends but you gotta be out reeeeel early to get good water before the Wallys come and mess it up.

See you on the water.

Old    rainrider            04-30-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Might go to chelan memorial day but always looking for other options since its crazy over there. Pateros huh? Might have to reroute the troops. My grandfather has a house with a launch on sammamish in the cove across from the national park. Good Times!!! Thanks for all the imput!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-30-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
those 2 picks are from the sand dune in between vantage and crescent bar. On the weekends it is a party place. I think you can only get there by boat. That stretch of the river is almost always glass till about 11am or noon, even on the weekends, unless it is memorial day, labor day or fourth of july weekends. That is my favorite spot. You can see the gorge ampitheater from the sand dune to.

(Message edited by polarbill on April 30, 2004)
Old    duncans            04-30-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Yeah, Kirk
Like Ben said where are those two pics taken?
You can't tease us like that.
Old    duncans            04-30-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thanks Brett,

Your aswer hadn't posted yet. Oops
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
Kevin-
Me(my family), our absolutly favorite spot is Banks lake! we camp out just south of electric city in a campground called Osborne Bay state park. haven't been up there yet this year but last year the water hit 79.9 on the depth-finder.
Being I live in Wenatchee, I usually drop in at Riverfront(downtown wenatchee), Hydro park SR28(2-3 miles outside of East Wenatchee, these two spots are FREE TO LAUNCH!! Above Rocky Reach Dam are Lincoln Rock state park($5.00 parking/launch)
Water temp is usually 40-65ish mid-summer, lincoln Rock(lake Entiat) maybe 10 deg. warmer.
Lake Chelan is good. 45 min. north of Wenatchee. Cresent Bar 20 min. south of Wenatchee. very good spot too.
Note-look in the Dec. issue of Wakeboarding Mag. Cover is of Lake Entiat(Columbia River, above the dam), pg. 44-45 same, and pg. 85 same.
here is my first attempt to edit a video. My sister-in-law was filming and didn't know how to do it so it's kind of bad. enjoy!
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
well......... lets try it again.