Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-04-2011, 8:22 AM Reply   
I just picked up an 07 Yamaha R6, for pretty cheap. It was laid down on its right side, so I've already ordered all new right side fairings for it. (And yes, I double and triple checked over it to make sure there was no frame damage, its purely cosmetic). So thats the background on the bike.

My question is on how to fix the headlights. I know most of the mechanical stuff, but I am NO good with electrical systems, aside from your typical "check the fuse" kinda stuff. At first, the only thing that worked were the turn signals. I popped the fuse box and low and behold the "head" fuse was blown....replaced it and good to go right? Wrong. It fixed the taillight/brakelight so that it now works correctly, but neither of the headlights turn on. The front "running light" that's at the base of the windscreen (little 2" triangular light) turned on as soon as the fuse was replaced as well. When I turn the key the Hi Beam indicator light will not illuminate either, but the rest of the display lights work. So is this a wiring harness issue, or a relay issue, or something else? I don't even really know where to start with this. If any of you guys have ideas, it's much appreciated! Thanks

Edit: Also, the right side front turn signal plug is removed, as the unit is busted so I took it out and ordered a new one....that shouldnt interrupt the circuit though should it?