Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-31-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
Hey guys new to the forum. The wife & I budgeted 20k for our new boat & found a nice v210 & v215 for that but we missed the deals waiting too long to make a decision. Now I can’t find a vdrive in that range & we decided in CO we are not spending more than 20k for a boat that stays in storage 7 -8 months out of the year. I found a clean 2003 dlx with 150 hours with a very nice sound system but lacks perfect pass or ballast. I have him down to 16k. Cannot decide if that is a good price or if I will regret buying the boat. We just tube, wake board & want to surf.

For wakeboarding all we can do is jump the wake & I can spin 180’s so I don’t need competition size wakes. What are you guys thoughts on this boat? I do like the 16k cause I can put a good chunk down & my pyt will be very low, making it easier to pay when it is cold outside. Being that is the same hull as the v210, I assume with enough weight we can at least start to learn how to surf? We have an older i/o that has been fun but I know we want a competition boat. I have thought about waiting but damn the kids will 16-14 by that time & I want to enjoy it with them now for the memories. Thoughts?
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-31-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
Well, its hard to say my thoughts on something we cant see the condition of, so im not gonna comment on whether its a good deal or not. What I do know is that its the middle of winter, and it seems like your kind of settling a bit, which is understandable. I think if you're gonna drop the cash for a boat, which is a lot of time, money, and more money over time with repairs, you should get the boat you def want. In my opinion patience is going to be an advantage in big purchases, get that boat you cant stop giggling about when you see it
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-31-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
BUT if this boat does that, and makes you and the wife super happy do it. Thats what its all about
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
If you're set on the Sanger, I would hold out for the v215 that you really want. It's a great boat. The winter isn't over. Boats are still hitting the market.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-31-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
If you're set on the Sanger, I would hold out for the v215 that you really want. It's a great boat. The winter isn't over. Boats are still hitting the market.
And I agree, I just don't think I am going to find one for under 20k. That is whats holding us back
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-31-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Joel, that is the problem I can't tell if it makes sense. It is another 10k to get what I really want & I don't want the pyt that comes along with it. Guess I need to go look or keep looking. Would love to hear from some sanger owners?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-31-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
You are looking in the prime time right now. Last year when I started looking about this time I seen a lot on onlyinboards.com. At the end of February is when all the boats started selling like hot cakes. Do a search of all of craigslist and you should get some additional boats that aren't on onlyinboards. I see your budget is 20k, are you set on that? Mine was 25k when I started looking last year. I bumped it up to 30k after looking at the market a bit. I finally found a boat for 27k and jumped on it. Payments are 300/month

You still have room to haggle with a seller too. Most are trying to get rid of their boat so they can either get out from under the payments in order to buy a new one or for other reasons. Trust me, as soon as March gets here, the ones you are passing on will even start selling. Good luck.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-31-2013, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
You are looking in the prime time right now. Last year when I started looking about this time I seen a lot on onlyinboards.com. At the end of February is when all the boats started selling like hot cakes. Do a search of all of craigslist and you should get some additional boats that aren't on onlyinboards. I see your budget is 20k, are you set on that? Mine was 25k when I started looking last year. I bumped it up to 30k after looking at the market a bit. I finally found a boat for 27k and jumped on it. Payments are 300/month

You still have room to haggle with a seller too. Most are trying to get rid of their boat so they can either get out from under the payments in order to buy a new one or for other reasons. Trust me, as soon as March gets here, the ones you are passing on will even start selling. Good luck.
I didnt so much pass as missed the boat. It was because I didn't like the rates, was waiting on money for a larger down pyt & someone else came in & beat me to it. I simply cannot spend more then 20k. With that said, how is the DLX for the guy that cant afford the V215? The other issue is no one will loan money for a boat older then 7-8 years, 10 tops. It is hard to find a v215 for under 25k, unless you start looking at 2000's and the rates are like 12-15% on old boats!!!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-31-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
I didnt so much pass as missed the boat. It was because I didn't like the rates, was waiting on money for a larger down pyt & someone else came in & beat me to it. I simply cannot spend more then 20k. With that said, how is the DLX for the guy that cant afford the V215? The other issue is no one will loan money for a boat older then 7-8 years, 10 tops. It is hard to find a v215 for under 25k, unless you start looking at 2000's and the rates are like 12-15% on old boats!!!
I went through USAA for my 10 yr loan on a 2006 Centurion Lightning. I didn't have any problems with restrictions. I definitely recommend checking out the Credit Unions.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-31-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
I searched and searched for my boat and the day before I drove from home, Indiana, to Florida to look at a few my wife found one at a local boat dealer. I know it is a long shot but you may want to check around and make some calls. The dealer my have one or know someone that does. Good luck!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-31-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
didnt so much pass as missed the boat. It was because I didn't like the rates, was waiting on money for a larger down pyt & someone else came in & beat me to it. I simply cannot spend more then 20k. With that said, how is the DLX for the guy that cant afford the V215? The other issue is no one will loan money for a boat older then 7-8 years, 10 tops. It is hard to find a v215 for under 25k, unless you start looking at 2000's and the rates are like 12-15% on old boats!!!
check your local credit unions. I went through the same crap. Everyone was saying 7 years. My CU did mine on a 10 year old boat but found others that would do older. The budget+10 year age is a pita. You'll find something. I was beat up on my budget, age, etc restrictions and ended up buying an x9. I didn't really want a DD but it is a larger boat so still room to move around. The MC 205v's are nice but might be slightly above budget. The 209/x9's are not a bad option if you aren't against a DD. Might be able to find one around 20 in decent shape.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-31-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
check your local credit unions. I went through the same crap. Everyone was saying 7 years. My CU did mine on a 10 year old boat but found others that would do older. The budget+10 year age is a pita. You'll find something. I was beat up on my budget, age, etc restrictions and ended up buying an x9. I didn't really want a DD but it is a larger boat so still room to move around. The MC 205v's are nice but might be slightly above budget. The 209/x9's are not a bad option if you aren't against a DD. Might be able to find one around 20 in decent shape.
What is the 209/x9?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-31-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
give this person a call:
http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...ith-GT40-23-5K
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-31-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
MC. Its a "crossover" boat but honestly does everything pretty well from footing to wakeboarding. The x9's came stock with ballast plumbed and a tower. The 209 is the same hull/boat but without the standard tower/ballast. I'd consider it one of the largest DD's out there. I never have a problem with not having somewhere to put "stuff". You can comfortably seat 7-8 in the boat

Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-31-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
Here are a few I found with a quick search:

About this 2003 Sanger v210 Ski and Wakeboard boat
2003 Sanger v210, 2003 ski sanger v210, 393 hrs, new stereo system, new tires, ballast system, ski tower, very good shape. $22999, 5598244291
SkiSafe - insurance for boaters. Quotes in under 5 minutes.
Boat Details

Class:Power
Category:Ski and Wakeboard boat
Year:2003
Make:Sanger
Length:21'
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...er-v210-347126

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...V210-101822202

About this 2001 Sanger V210 Ski and Wakeboard Boats
2001 Sanger V210

All New Interior, Tower Speakers, Tower Mirror, Board Racks, Subwoofer, 3 amplifiers, Stereo with speakers, Tower Bimini, Teak Swim Platform, Depth Finder, Dual Batteries with Switch, 1000 hours on Black Scorpion Motor. Ready for the water!
SkiSafe - insurance for boaters. Quotes in under 5 minutes.
Boat Details

Class:Power
Category:Ski and Wakeboard Boats
Year:2001
Make:Sanger
Length:21'

Propulsion Type:Other
Hull Material:fiberglass
Fuel Type:Gas

For some reason the pics didn't post but I put the link in there for them both maybe there what your looking for maybe not either way I agree be patient and you'll find something you want. We have all gone through this and in time the right deal will show up.

Good Luck,
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-31-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
I just went to see if Sanger had their own forum group like all the others and went on to sanger nation and found this 25K for an 06 215 is real close to what you stated above they are asking 25K so if you and him both bend a little it could work for you looks great and I love black boats.

< Back to Classifieds
2006 Sanger V215 - 5.9L Black Scorpion (350 HP) - $25500.00

Super deal on a meticulously maintained boat. Boat Details:

-2006 Sanger V215 (V-Drive) - 350 HP Black Scorpion 5.9L engine (upgraded from the base engine)
-21 ft 6 in hull
-Automatic ballast system with custom cyclone pump
-Pro Flight tower
-Hot/Cold shower
-Perfect Pass cruise control system with programmable profiles
-8 speaker Kicker speaker system offering 4 speakers on the tower and 4 speakers at the floorboards plus a subwoofer mounted underneath
-CD player and subwoofer control
-Heated vents near feet for cooler days
-Custom $1200 trailerable boat cover
-Black trailer with new brakes, new custom axles, and custom wheels
-Auto locking mechanism on trailer which allows the boat to automatically lock onto the trailer by simply pulling up to it.
-Meticulously maintained wrap around seating
-Boat has new impellers installed, freshly coated teak platform, recent oil change, and very low hours
-I will also include $100 non-stretch rope, $200 Kevlar handle, all life jackets, and an oversized rear-view mirror
-Never once used in salt water

Sanger boats out of California is one of the best built wakeboarding boats on the market. Waterski magazine rated the Sanger V215 as “the most nimble V-drive tested”.

Additional images here: http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d3745517k3422228o1/boat

Please text me at 352-449-9150 or e-mail me if you have any questions.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-31-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardin View Post
I just went to see if Sanger had their own forum group like all the others and went on to sanger nation and found this 25K for an 06 215 is real close to what you stated above they are asking 25K so if you and him both bend a little it could work for you looks great and I love black boats.

< Back to Classifieds
2006 Sanger V215 - 5.9L Black Scorpion (350 HP) - $25500.00

Super deal on a meticulously maintained boat. Boat Details:

-2006 Sanger V215 (V-Drive) - 350 HP Black Scorpion 5.9L engine (upgraded from the base engine)
-21 ft 6 in hull
-Automatic ballast system with custom cyclone pump
-Pro Flight tower
-Hot/Cold shower
-Perfect Pass cruise control system with programmable profiles
-8 speaker Kicker speaker system offering 4 speakers on the tower and 4 speakers at the floorboards plus a subwoofer mounted underneath
-CD player and subwoofer control
-Heated vents near feet for cooler days
-Custom $1200 trailerable boat cover
-Black trailer with new brakes, new custom axles, and custom wheels
-Auto locking mechanism on trailer which allows the boat to automatically lock onto the trailer by simply pulling up to it.
-Meticulously maintained wrap around seating
-Boat has new impellers installed, freshly coated teak platform, recent oil change, and very low hours
-I will also include $100 non-stretch rope, $200 Kevlar handle, all life jackets, and an oversized rear-view mirror
-Never once used in salt water

Sanger boats out of California is one of the best built wakeboarding boats on the market. Waterski magazine rated the Sanger V215 as “the most nimble V-drive tested”.

Additional images here: http://www.kizoa.com/slideshow/d3745517k3422228o1/boat

Please text me at 352-449-9150 or e-mail me if you have any questions.
I saw that one & like it a lot. But I am in CO & Florida makes its a 30k boat to drive or have it shipped.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-06-2013, 3:13 PM Reply   
I found a deal on 2001 Moomba Mobius v 22. He wont go below 20k but it only has 390 hours, was stored inside, looks almost new to be honest. Has everything except factory ballast & no perfect pass. I can't find enough info to say this is a good deal or not? I have a good feeling about it though just cause the guy seems to take really good care of his stuff, has a large shop where all his toys are stored indoors. Even better, it's not a direct drive, Opinions? How is the wake, how are they to surf behind?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-07-2013, 3:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
I found a deal on 2001 Moomba Mobius v 22. He wont go below 20k but it only has 390 hours, was stored inside, looks almost new to be honest. Has everything except factory ballast & no perfect pass. I can't find enough info to say this is a good deal or not? I have a good feeling about it though just cause the guy seems to take really good care of his stuff, has a large shop where all his toys are stored indoors. Even better, it's not a direct drive, Opinions? How is the wake, how are they to surf behind?
That is pretty low hours for a 2001. I don't have any experience with that model's wake but the newer Moombas have a good wake and put out a good surf wake if weighted properly. If it is in really good condition then it would be worth a look. Just do your research and due diligence on it and you should be fine. It is tough spending that much for a 12 year old boat but it is was maintained well, you should be happy with it.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-07-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Whatever you get your gonna want perfect pass. Easily added for around $1200 if new boat does not come with it - it is the "marriage saver"
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-07-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys, perfect pass is a must. I can't tell if 20k if a good price. NADA says it is average. Based on whats available round here I can't but think I can sell it next year for 20k if I don't like it. Getting so excited to finally be getting a new boat!!!! well new to us. I am struggling with 20k for a 2001 but again, I can't find anything else in that range unless its high hours & not very cared for. He did say he has replaced the throttle & steering cables & something with the fuel injection went bad so he fixed that. How do you check the water pump on these things? Or that seal I read about for the vdrive?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-09-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
The v-drive seal can only be tested on the water. You pretty much have to get the boat in the water then kill the engine and stick your head down near where the bilge pump is and look at the shaft running through the boat, if it is leaking a lot, then it needs replaced, a little is fine though.

Steering cables typically go bad due to under-use. So it sounds like the boat hasn't been used much. I bought my 06 with a bad steering cable last year. It had 120 hours on it. I put 80 on it over the summer.

I am not sure about the fuel injection issue.

As far as the boat goes, I think you will be happy with it at that price. From my experience with Moombas, they don't meet the fit and finish as other boats, but they a great budget boat and as far as water sports goes, they are up with the competition of other boats.

With that being said, be prepared to sink a couple of $k's into it in order to get it the way you like it. Audio on a boat is expensive obsession. Get the boat if you can manage the expensive habit.