Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-27-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about dropping a 500GPH bilge pump in a bucket of antifreeze (RV kind of course), and running a hose from the bilge pump into the Fake-a-Lake.

Running it at idle with the fake a lake and pumping antifreeze (instead of water from garden hose like normal) into it. Turning it off when antifreeze is steadily coming out the exhaust.

Can you think of any reason this wouldn't work fine?

I've heard some people say to run antifreeze thru the block...disconnect the hose that feeds the impeller and drop it into a bucket of antifreeze. Those people must not be familar with the setup of a Malibu LCR motor. Or I'm missing something. That seems like a lot of work, because of the fact that there is NO ROOM to get at it and work down there, and certainly no room for a 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze.

What have you done in the past when winterizing your V-Drive???

(Message edited by tj_in_kc on September 27, 2008)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-27-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Why dont you just pull the drain plugs on the block. Get whatever existing water is in there out. Then stuff towels in your exhaust tubes to keep cold air from going through the block. Thats what we do. Dont know how well the towels work but I know you should atleast pull those plugs.
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       09-27-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
just cut a short hose and put it into a 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze from the Fake-a-lake, start the boat and it will suck it right in. Normally you need 5 gallons of antifreeze. Don't forget to drain the block first though to get the water out, then suck the antifreeze through the block until it comes out of the exhaust and your winterized.
Old     (formulad97)      Join Date: May 2007       09-27-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
I might have to try that matt, sounds like a good idea
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
You cant forget that you need to run the boat to opperating temp so the thermostat opens and antifreeze goes in the block instead of being bypassed into the exhaust manifolds and no real significant amount goes into the block.

I drain and pull the thermostat and dump coolant there and in the tubes going to the manifolds.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       09-28-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
You can pour it in after the block is drained through the intake (where the output line for the heater is plumbed in. If it doesn't have a heater there will be a plug in the intake).
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-29-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
disconnect the hose b/w the raw water pump and the thermostat housing at the pump. raise the hose above the engine and pour in the anti freeze.