Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-07-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
Well I had a bit of a bad weekend, something happened to the throtle cable on my boat. I'm going to attatch some pics, but I can't figure out how the cable is suppose to attatch to the brass fitting in the picture. There is a hole for it but it just slips right out. I can usually figure this stuff out, but I don't know what to do.

So to make it worse, We were wakeboarding when this happened. So we try to fix it for about an hour, forget about the sacks being full and all that, and took turns hand throtling it all the way home. When we get there we put in on the lift and air it up, and heard this big bang. Well, while trying to get the cable fixed we forgot about the wedge being down. Here's a pic of it bent. Anyone know how much this is to replace?

Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-08-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
anyone?
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-08-2005, 7:09 AM Reply   
What it looks like is that your throttle cable clamp came loose. The clamp at the air filter should have a hinged piece that looks like a hook that will go over the throttle cable and keep it in place. It looks like it is on the back side of the clamp. I am not sure on the price of the wedge for sure but I think your looking at 1200-1600 bucks depending on where you get it.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-08-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
I un-did the clamp myself when i was trying to fix it. That brass piece on the arm has a hole in it for the cable, but I can't figure out how it stays in there.
Old     (brucem)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-08-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
If you are talkink about the cable for your perfect pass there should be a stop on the cable.
I had this happen to my perfect pass and called them and they sent me a new one for free.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
new wedge $550 (factory price)
new throttle cable install $200
Having your VLX running for the rest of the impending Indian Summer

PRICELESS!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-08-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
You have mail...

I think my buddy has the part of the wedge you need.

Check with perfect pass, I think it's the end of your cable that broke off, see below: