Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (tymorlang)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-20-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
im looking for like a rail jam or something fun to ride before the end of summer. post up some links or info
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-20-2009, 10:48 PM Reply   
I hear there are some sick fishing tournaments being thrown down at Blue Springs Lake on Tuesdays. You missed the filming of the greatest blue springs lake commercial to date (featuring people feeding carp and a split second of wakeboarding). You might want to check the jackson county parks and recreation website. Who knows...maybe you could even hit missouri-town 1885?
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-20-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
There is a rail Jam called the Recession Session going on next weekend on the 25th in Minneapolis that I heard about. It is going to be worth checking out.
Old    sandvign            07-20-2009, 11:38 PM Reply   
Twin Lakes Wakefest this Saturday July 25. 20 miles west of Fort Dodge, IA right off Hwy 7.

Registration will start at 8 am
Event limited to 60 riders, show up early!
$25.00 entry fee, includes T-shirt
Prizes given away all day
Event happens rain or shine!

Tournament will kick off at 8:30 am
alternating Girls and Novice. Followed by Beginner, Intermediate, Outlaw, and Masters. After party will be located at Augies (south side of lake) starting at
6 pm.

Girls Division—The ladies time to shine
Novice Class—12 years and younger/grabs only
Beginner Class—3 min run/nothing over a 180
Intermediate Class—3 min run/up to three inverts/nothing over a 360
Outlaw Class—You own the lake!
Masters Class—30 years old and up
Wakeskate Class—Anything goes
without bindings

If you have questions call Stefan Harvey at 515.408.5474 or myself at 515.570.5821

There is a very nice campground a 5 min walk from the site of the tourney if you are looking for a place to stay. We've had close to 100 riders in years passed and over 300 people on the beach. Its a great day that everyone has fun with. Hope to see you there and again call if you have questions.
Old     (moombakidadg)      Join Date: May 2008       07-21-2009, 12:07 AM Reply   
Board bananza in Nashville this weekend
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-21-2009, 5:23 AM Reply   
hey BIZZ do you have any more info on that rail jam or know where i could find some??

I think theres a comp going down in Brainerd this weekend as well.
Old     (tymorlang)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Garret, i think im gonna hit up missouri town. haha

how bout something like the weekend of aug 1 and 2?
thanks a ton guys, except Garret. haha
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-21-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Saturday July 25th
FreshTip Design will be building a
two for one wakeboarding special!
Two pools, two rails, two winches,
and only one day. Many top
amateur riders from the midwest and
pros will be invited to showcase their
skills on this revolutionary structure.
The demos will start in the early
afternoon and continue until 10p . A
$5 cover will be collected at Cowboy
Slims if you would like to enjoy
alcoholic beverages in the evening.
The after party will be take place at
Cowboy Slims.

This is all I know. Copied that part off the media packet I was sent. I am getting flown out to ride along with Tyler Killingsworth. There will be a 35' metal hand rail along with a hubba ledge going from the upper pool to the lower one. Sounds like a fun set up to get dirty on.

Jaret
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-21-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
http://www.thebob.com/wakewars nothing beats rail jams at bar/restaurants... Step Up Productions is handling the pools/rails/kicker.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
I'll be at the rail jam in MPLS on Saturday.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
Check out wakefest in Arkansas. August 1 & 2 at Greers Ferry Lake. There will be a rail jam and some top name riders in the rail and boat contest like Trevor hansen, Zane Schwenk, and Austin Hair.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-21-2009, 10:28 PM Reply   
Wakefest, hosted by TNT Watersports in Nashville, TN. August 8th and 9th.
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2009, 5:23 AM Reply   
Can anyone ride in the rail jam in Minneapolis? or is it like an invite only thing? Either way hopefully ill make it out...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Where do you ride at Mark? I'm on Lake Marion in Lakeville.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
Where will the rail jam be in Mpls? is it at cowboy slims?
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Jeff, i usually ride on bald eagle in white bear. What are your water temps like lately? It seems like the water has been super chilly for the middle of July..
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
Ahh, I have a buddy from White Bear..

Our water temps have been decent. Low 70's I think.. But we have a small, shallow lake. Probably averages 10ft with a lot of areas that are 6-8 feet and only a few that dip down to 20 ft.

We have only 600 acres on the lake. It's not very big. Want to get together and ride some time? Or if you guys need a third - I'd be willing to drive up. I broke my big toe in jiu jitsu so I'm sidelined right now - but I can drive or spot or drink :-)

Hit me up sometime if you want to get together. My crew sucks. Bunch of golf nerds who drink beer and want to tube. Need some new friends. Ha
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
I wonder if the jam will be at Slims or if it will be on Calhoun?
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-22-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
It is in the Streets on Girard Ave South in between Lake and Lagoon Streets. Make sure you come out it should be a good time.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Bizz

Thanks for the location
Old     (tjdunklee)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
Does anybody have a flier for this Rail Jam? I would love to put it on my site rideMinnesota.com.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-23-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
By mark wilson (amark) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 6:39 am:

DUDE BALD EAGLE IS FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!! I was out this morning and was shocked by how freaking cold the H20 is....

I have a flyer for the sponsor side of the Rail Jam I will post it up here as soon as I get home. Not much info like I said its more for shops and sponsors.

Somebody asked if the Rail Jam is Invite only and the Answere is Yes. I am riding in it, should be Fun. They have Down Rail and A hubba!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-23-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
That's what I don't get about rail jams. I get that you can't have any and every ya-who come and hit it, but you can't expect decent riders to come out and just watch
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-23-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
A-dub, I agree, I almost think that they should have like an Open Division in the morning at Rail Jams, let say like the first 25 people who sign up ride in the morning and qualify, 5 or 10 of them through to the main event. I AGREE! They are almost like the stupid exclusive club. That being said I am glad I got invited, I wasn't on the list I would just stay home!
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-23-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
Jeff: Yeah dude we should totally ride sometime, ill throw down for gas n whatever. your totally invited to come ride bald eagle, its my buddy nicks boat but were always looking for people to ride with!! hit me up whenever 641-751-9183

Yeah that would be sweet if some of these rail jams would have qualifiers for people like me, who arent awesome but just wanna be able the hit a pool to pool winch set-up,
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-23-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
2009 USA Wakeboard "Board, Surf, and Cable" National Championships are July 30 to Aug 2.

Registration is now open. www.usawakeboard.com
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-24-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
Mark,

I am out there all the time on Bald Eagle, what boat do you guys ride behind??? Come over and say Hi sometime.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
any pics of the rail jam?
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-28-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
I missed the rail jam on saturday, decided to drive back to Iowa for wakefest since the brainered comp got postponed till this weekend. How was it? Anybody have pictures?

Andy, i usually ride with Nick Warhol, I think youve talked to him before. He has the tri star 190. I think you ride to early in the morning for us haha. but if we see ya out there were def stop and say hello.
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-28-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Check out Alliance the will have a write up from the Rail Jam soon.

Jaret
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-29-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
Yeah Mark I am usually out there at the Crack of Dawn. THIS NORTH WIND CAN STOP ANY DAY NOW!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
There is a Rail Jam this Saturday in Lincoln NE at Red 9 and also sometime next week at the fair. Not sure what day that one is but it goes from 9-9.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-29-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
I went to the MPLS rail jam. It was pretty cool. We hung around for a half an hour and then picked the front corner spot on the patio at Drink and watched from above. Lot of guys having trouble with the timing.

Anyone in MN who wants a third - let me know. I broke a toe recently but I'm good for a pull or a spotter or another guy for the crew.