Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-09-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/02/bush_miss_me_yet_billboard_is.html

"The Bush Miss Me Yet? billboard was paid for by a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them. They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message."
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
That's awesome!

Just because there is "change" doesn't mean it's for the better...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-09-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
Love it!!Hahahahahaha
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-09-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Its like comparing sinking vs floating turds.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-09-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
thats great. I am amazed that it is still up after how quick they pulled those ads in NY about the ceo of cisco down.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-09-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
CEO of Cisco? Are you talking about the President of Oracle, or is there something else that I'm missing?

I don't have anything particularly good to say about Bush or his administration. That said. I'm not a big fan of what's going on in Washington or local government. We're all being stolen from. There shouldn't be anyone in this country that isn't mildly angry.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-09-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sorry, maybe it was the pres of oracle...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-09-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
GD so true!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-09-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
However, I do like the billboard and concept...
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-09-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
We're all being stolen from. There shouldn't be anyone in this country that isn't mildly angry.

+1. For GD's post too.

We've created a giant bull**** monster that has broken out of it's cage and it's going to eat us all!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-09-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-09-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
I do miss him.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-09-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
GD-You got it. Both are turds for sure.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-09-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
I miss him too.

This country has alot better people that could be running it. I look at who are running this country and shake my head. We have people that could run it much better and be doing what the people want. The Dems are so far removed from who they work for it's disgusting.

What I really miss is a government that represents me, works for us and answers to the people.
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2010, 3:44 AM Reply   
How could anyone miss bush?????
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
Manzo, Evan, what ads are you talking about with Oracle? Does it have something to do with Larry Ellison?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
Manzo, Evan, what ads are you talking about with Oracle? Does it have something to do with Larry Ellison?
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
What's funny is that the billboard is subject to two completely different interpretations.

Many interpret it as pro-Obama because Bush's face is so goofy looking. I guess the logic is -- even though Obama has accomplished nothing, having him as president is still better than the bumbling idiot you see in the photo.

I, like most here, saw it as a slam on Obama and his complete BS call for change.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-10-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
The two party system has polarized us to the point that it is unfixable. We are all forced to extremes, and neither extreme is any good. Since each extreme requires a majority vote, the candidate from either side has to be a skilled enough liar to convince a few percent from the other side to vote in his favor. Therefore anyone we elect from either side is going to be a royal POS.

What good is a president if a democratic president with a democratic government around him cannot impose his will?? Change, be it good or bad cannot happen in this gridlock. How is it possible that Obama cannot get his healthcare disaster past congress even though he excludes them from having to participate and even gives them their own uber plan? Its because the system doesnt work and neither side can afford a failure, nor can they afford a success accross the isle. Most importantly in the event there is a failure, the government doesnt have the ability to reverse it once its in play.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   

quote:

How could anyone think that this moron is good for the country???? At this point, I have no problem calling Osama a bumble-mouthed idiot. During campaign, he was a machine. Now the wheels are falling off the apple cart. I mean, he wants to test breast cancer with a breathalyzer.... REALLY?? Maybe he thought it was breast-alyzer?? giving him benefit of the doubt here...

Jason, I agree completely.

IMO a 3 party system would only serve as the swing vote to the dominant of the 2 main parties, with no real chance of ever having the 3rd party candidate elected. I dont' like the 2 party system, but don't see any options...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
But, at least we would another approach to the issues we are dealing with as a country.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-10-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Vote out all incumbents, regardless of party affiliation. Our govt needs fresh people across the board.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-10-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   

If you work, own property, and/or pay taxes, I don't see how you couldn't miss Bush.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-10-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
its going to get very bad before it gets better. the average "person" only gives a dam only until something really bad happens. not enough people are hurting right now for people to really care. i believe the two party system is ran by the wealthy. the wealthy dont care about anything other then making themselves more money. while we as people fight about social issues. they sit back and laugh at us. they want us arguing because it keeps the focus off of whats really going on. were getting played like fools. i guess the saying goes" if you cant beat them. join them."
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Getting a Rep senator elected in Mass was a big step IMO. RIP Ted Kennedy, but what a timely death. If he hadn't kicked the bucket, this whole healthcare issue may have become a reality.

I'm amazed at how stupid this administration is. In SOTU speech he actually talked about equal rights for women! WTF? And then the healthcare deal. Clinton tried it, epic fail. When are they going to open a history book and quit stepping in the same pile of dog s#it??
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-10-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
btw. the whole " do u miss me yet' thing is a blast on obama. thats it. its like a slap in obamas face. bush was getting blasted on for 8 years. its just pay back for the bush lovers, but thats the mentality we have thats killing our country.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-10-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Ron T you said it brother.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
^ yup.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-10-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
I agree Ron T.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-10-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
What does owning property have to do with missing Bush. My property taxes are set by our county and city assessors, both long held Republican seats. Obama has had no affect on my property or its value (it increased last year).

And about the Scott Brown thing, you guys do realize that Massachusetts has state sponsored healthcare? They are against Federal Healthcare as they see it as a lessor plan.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
Bendow, it's not Larry. It's their president (Charles Phillips, IIRC). He was having a long term affair that he broke off. When he rekindled his marriage the other woman got pissed and put up a bunch of billboards with links to a website with photos of them together. It was a big slam. She must have been a very spiteful woman.

Anyway, I really just know because my wife works for Oracle. I thought it was pretty amusing at the time. I'm sure Charles didn't. Larry probably wasn't a fan either.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-10-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Jeremy, didn't know that. Seems like everyone views it as a lessor plan... i'm just happy we don't have 60 dems in the senate so they can pass whatever they want.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   

quote:

We've created a giant bull**** monster that has broken out of it's cage and it's going to eat us all!

Aye. Cue Steppenwolf's "Monster/Suicide/America"

It's got our heads into a noose...
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-11-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
By GD (greatdane) on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 1:01 pm:

"Its like comparing sinking vs floating turds. "

great analogy!

So Bush is the turd that sunk after being afloat for 8 years, while the turd that is floating now will likely only float for 4 years,

...then we just get anoher turd