Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-01-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
back in the office after a great vacation

That place was AMAZING! it is truely the best wakeboard complex in the world. they have it all, and everything they have is the best. all the rails are top notch. the boat they use is weighted down and throws a monster wake. the sesitec 2 system is SICK!

just dont get hurt. the medical services are below sub-par.

who's down for a March 2010 trip?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-01-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Oops, you're right Heavy.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on April 01, 2009)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
I think he is referring to Cam-Sur in the Philippines versus the place in the midwest with the pack of teeny boppers that babble on.

I would be so down for a trip out there, sounds like an amazing place. Did you ride til your arms fell off? All told what did the trip run you? Did you see any of the surrounding sights or just session for days?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-01-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
i rode a ton, but not to excess. with the contest going on we would free ride every morning from 6am till about 9am, then 4pm till 8pm (not including riding in the contest).

i was trying not to push myself to the brink of exhaustion just because i really didnt want to get hurt, and I include opening up a callous on my hand in that. my nurse/doctor warned me to be most cautious with fresh water so i wanted no open wounds. I got an ear infection on the second to last day, and so did a few others (i know adrew atkinson did too), and that was super lame. I cant imagine what coulda happened to a cut.

one day riley and I got to ride along with another photographer from austrilia to the coast to "look for surf spots". the coolest part about it was that we took the govenor's personal helicopter (the govenor of the cam sur provence also owns and operated CWC). that was the coolest ride of my life. We flew over the most remote places in the world. it was beatuiful and awe inspiring. I think we flew over land for about 25 mins then explored the coast and islands for about an hour before fling back to the complex.

we also had a few adventures into some towns and cities. there were definitly times i was a bit freaked out, but i still have all my bits and pieces.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-01-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Wow man that sounds awesome. I wish to go someday and plan to. So let's here about the expenses. How much was the air fare?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-01-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
i spent more than others...all in all to get to naga city and back to sacramento i spent about $1600.

the room costs me $300 for the week (I also split the room with a buddy so my cut is about $150), and about $20 per day for as much food and beer as you can handle.

so...about $2K for 10 days in wakeboarding paradise. not bad since my last trip to orlando was a bit cheeper, but half the duration.