Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
I'm looking for some good, informational books about photography. I know there's a bunch out there but what has everyone on here read and what's your thoughts?
Old     (fevans)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-29-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Depends on what part of photography you want to focus on. Photography basics I have read some of the Photographer's handbook and a few specialized books on specific topics. (like flash photography) But, primarily I read magazines. They are easy to digest in a short amount of time and they are one of the best mediums for keeping up on new technology and new ideas. (besides the Internet)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
i'm going to get my mom a few books for christmas. she mainly shoots sports but does do some still work as well.

obviously i dont knw very much but i'm kind of interested in some of this as well.
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-29-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
If you are looking for a good all around book to get the basics of SLR photography down, get her "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. It is a great book that will teach her what functions to use on her camera and for what circumstances. It really gives a great starting point. If she already has a good grasp on the functions on her camera and when to use them, then it might not be the best. if she never takes it off of auto mode then its a sure thing.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
she knows a little she's taken a few classes but i'm still pretty sure she's shooting on auto mode...haha

thanks
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       11-29-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
i'll second josh by saying that understanding exposure is a great book. the most helpful one i've read.

the one by scott kelyby "digital photography" is also a great book for cheap!
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-29-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
I third it, Understanding exposure is a great book. I have another that I really like but the name is escaping me.
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-29-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
i second the digital photography by scott kelby. that is a great book aswell. they make a nice duo since they sort of cover different aspects. some overlap but it is minimal.