Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old    popwar4207            03-08-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
I can't decide on which boardracks to get for my Centurion. I know Fusion is being liquidated, and it seems that Boss is going out of business too. But I don't know which one would look better. The fingers on the fusions look big and not as subtle as the boss. Is one really better than the other or should I just go with one and be happy?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-08-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
^^^ IMO, you might want to look at a company that is going to stay around for awhile just in case you need warranty work done on them. $.02
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-08-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
I have some boss racks and don't recommend them. The insert bumpers are rubber and deteriorate quickly making an awful black suitty mess staining everything. I used some urethane/poly (sun wear resistant) rubber inserts with gorilla glue as a temp fix. In their defense they offered to send me some new rubber and gave some care tips.

I am going to replace the boss ones w/ monstertower or fluidconcepts racks. Racks should be an install and forget type of item imo.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
My Boss racks have been fine although I have only had them a year.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-08-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
If anyone is interested I have a brand new still in the box pair of Monster - XTP 0A360 wakeboard racks that I would sale for 250 plus shipping. If anyone is interested shoot me an email to jbaggett@tnrmt.com
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-09-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
The fusions don't hold up. They are chrome plated aluminum which means the chrome will fall off when the aluminum starts to oxidize. Look else where.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-09-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
I second Craig on the Fusions!! Stay away.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-09-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
I bought the Boss racks about 2 years ago and had issues with them slipping, put some non slip sink type matting and they haven't moved since and we are running 2 boards on each rack..No issues so far (knock on wood)...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-10-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Have had my Boss racks, Laguna or Ventura, can't remember now, for over two years with no problems. You do however have to change out the inserts occasionaly. I get the inserts from DIY Wake.