Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2010, 12:21 AM Reply   
saw this on wakeboarder.com...thought it was hilarious!

Upload
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 4:34 AM Reply   
oh no! here we go!...lol

funny!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-01-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
Wow, another positive Wakeworld contribution from Joe. Shocking.

Your hypocritical behavior is laughable. But you obviously find a lot of joy in bashing other people's beliefs. I feel sorry for you Dude that you feel the need to post something like this.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-01-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
I think it's pretty funny.
Old    wakeridinrob            02-01-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
sorry.. i dont believe in magic
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-01-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
I think it's pretty sad and very petty. The only reason you posted that is to make yourself feel better about your own beliefs.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-01-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Absolutely Hilarious!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-01-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
Funny and true. Looks like it could have been written by Wes.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-01-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
That poster picture had me in tears.
Wow.. needed that.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-01-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
Don't see why the need to stir the pot.
Usually when I see a Christian post on here it is to defend their own beliefs. Never to make fun of another's beliefs.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-01-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
What other beliefs are there?

Things just never look as good on paper.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
Those might be two of the funniest things I've ever seen. LOVE it.

Don't worry Joe, I'll still like you when we're both burning in hell for all eternity.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-01-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
I don't claim to know enough on the subject of Christianity to get into a back and forth with you John. I was just saying I didn't see the need to try to start something knowing what a touchy personal subject it is to some. I do have to admit though, that the whole YMCA thing showed a since of humor on the part of those guys.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
Becky, I find that awfully funny coming from you. You had no problem with someone put up a thread regarding abortion, which is clearly a "touchy" subject to some.

I guess it's okay when it's on the side you agree with?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the laugh, Joe and Nick.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-01-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
Thanks for the laughs Joe, Nick, and Becky.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
Rob it's a good thing you don't believe in magic... Warlocks are tools of Satan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERDW1d5joQ
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-01-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
You have a point there Elizabeth. I am sorry if my posts are confusing to you. I see where you might get that idea. I didn't say I agreed with the idea of the abortion post being started either. In fact if I remember right the title of that post left me with the impression that he was also trying to start something. I think he used the word "trolling" or something to that affect. I didn't agree with that. I only got into the conversation because of personal experiences. I never tried to tell any one they should share my same opinions. I even stated in one post that my opinion had nothing to do with religious beliefs or morals. I just shared some experiences of personal friends and family. Believe me I do not judge any one who had an abortion. I would be judging people I love very much if that were the case. like I said I just shared their stories I can't help it if their stories didn't turn out positive. I wish they had. Then these people wouldn't be suffering.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-01-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
Oh good Wes is here.

And they call christians sad......
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-01-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Lol, that is funny... Almost as funny as the criticism coming from people who have no quams starting a thread trashing Islam, blah blah blah...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
But not quite, Manzo... Not quite.

C'mon putting Harry Potter to death is classic!
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-01-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Maybe the "Harry Potter to death" lady should have given only 90 percent and then 10 percent to exercise...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
I imagine you can add a measurable amount of self-respect and integrity by belittling the belief system of others. The ego is such a fragile creature and you're the only one that matters..
It's difficult sometimes, but I really do pray for Wes, Paul, GD, Joe, et al. As irritating as your posts are and as badly as I would love to choke a couple of you at times, I pray that only good things come your way...including a change of heart toward Christ.
Old    bigdtx            02-01-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHA! Pass the Jesus Juice.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
"I would love to choke a couple of you at times"

That's not very Christian of you to say something like that.

JK :-)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Hilarious pictures, thanks.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-01-2010, 5:41 PM Reply   
Looks pretty spot on to me!
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
I except nothing less from Joe or the rest.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-01-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
Humor is humor, nothing more nothing less. If you don't like it don't comment. I had the YMCA as my desktop for a while. It isn't meant as any disrespect to anyone. If you are offended by these you must hate Dana Carvey as the Church Lady as well. Come on guys lighten up!! Have a laugh!
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
Humor is humor except when MANY of the contributors to this site have made if very personal over time with their christian bashing. It is not intended for humor as it is to cause conflict as usual.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
I except nothing less from Joe or the rest.

This reminds me of my old boss who, despite the best efforts of his spell checker, would often drone on and on about our roll in the organization.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
wes, bahahahahaha!!!
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-01-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
you mean role right?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Man, summa these jokes ya gotta be a rocket surgeon.
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-01-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
haha i figured i was lost on this entire thing...this is my spot to leave.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
wes, just when i thought it couldn't get any funnier, charlie smacks one outta the park!!!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
So, do y'all know what we stupid, arrogant Christians are doing in East Tennessee right now? From numerous churches across this city, we're continuing to join together to form volunteer medical teams of doctors, nurses, and support personnel that leave for Haiti a couple of times every week. We're continuing to gather money from amongst ourselves to buy (and we also donate in-kind) supplies like bottled water, diapers, clothing, cookware, etc., and have it all shipped to Haiti. We're contributing money to buy medicine and medical supplies for Haiti. We're going to Haiti and volunteering for whatever kind of assistance is needed, from clearing rubble to staffing orphanages. We're so stupid, we're doing this in the name of Jesus Christ.

Do you know what the Rationalists of East Tennessee are doing? They're making the world a better, more rational place by joining y'all in mocking Christians at every opportunity. They're so smart, they're doing this to demonstrate their superiority.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-01-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
I've donated money and am scheduled to donate blood (Specifically for haiti) tomorrow, but I found that funny.

I find it odd that after all the Muslim bashing we have on these forums, we cant laugh at ourselves every now and then.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
i believe in god (though i have many unanswered questions), i've donated money (though finances are TOUGH for me this year) for haiti, but i still found the pic funny.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
OK Jeff, your Christian aid is better than non-Christian aid because you're doing it for JC. We bow down to your Christians generosity which obviously means so much more than the non-Christian variety practiced among us heathens and pathetic rationalists like these http://givingaid.richarddawkins.net

Pastafarians seem to be pretty generous too:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/religion/post/2009/07/68495858/1?loc=interstitialskip
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 8:46 PM Reply   
Caleb, there's nothing wrong with poking fun at religions (or any other belief system), as long as it's not the right one!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2010, 10:06 PM Reply   
Oooh, a little touchy, Wes? Step on your toes a little, did I? It's not big deal - I was just "poking fun" at your belief system. Surely you understand that...

So, here's the question: did you miss the point of my post, or are you just ignoring it? In any event, let me clarify. I described what I am seeing here in my community. From all appearances, the organization calling itself Rationalists of East Tennessee (proclaiming to be the oldest secular organization in Tennessee!) is doing NOTHING to help Haitians. They do have a handy "Donation" button on their website, but there's no mention of Haiti; the donations go to - yep, RET. And they also have meetings to discuss how benighted those of faith are.

That contrasts pretty sharply with what dozens of Christian churches are doing here in the same community. And these activities are mirrored across the state and across the nation by thousands of individual Christian churches, with members who are giving money, time, and talent because they believe. It's faith in action. And that's not even counting the relief efforts and donations of large national Christian denominations and nondenominational charitable organizations.

But just ignore all that. The good they do is irrelevant because it's in the name of Christ - or at least it's inconvenient, for you. So continue to mock us, as you characterize it. We'll try to ignore the fact that from you and others here it comes across as awfully more like derision and disdain than merely "poking fun."
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 10:20 PM Reply   
Lol, not touchy at all, and I'm not sure you poked fun at my "belief system?" Although I was definitely a bit surprised by the arrogance of your earlier post.

It's difficult to get to all your straw men. Did I miss the part where someone said that Christian giving was invalid or inconsiderable? I don't think anyone did. Rather it was you who implied that non-Christian giving was such. Where was the post mocking Christian aid efforts?

FWIW I think Christian aid efforts are every bit as valid and admirable as any others. Why would that be in any way inconvenient for me? Not really sure I'm getting the point of your post - other than you seem to be saying that since there are Christian people that donate to Haiti, that means all things Christian should be free of ridicule? Kind of a strange argument.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-01-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Joe, why don't you post something similar about atheists, secular-progressives, humanists, or gay people? I think you know the answer to the question.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 10:38 PM Reply   
haha I never thought I'd see the day that Strib would call for affirmative action
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
muslims

howza bout an olive branch
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-01-2010, 11:04 PM Reply   
Wes, you are so funny,
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-02-2010, 2:38 AM Reply   
I guess Dave is O.K. with this. Classy site Dave. What's next...a top ten reasons women should stay at home or a top ten list of black jokes? I suppose that if we are going to allow the wholesale bashing of religions, then gender or race are not off the table...huh Dave.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2010, 5:29 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^ lame
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
Mike, do you have the top ten list of why women should stay home? I'd like to see it, I'm running out of things to tell my girlfriend when I want to go out with the guys and want her to stay home
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
Tell her you're going to meet Wes.You won't need any more.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
So what you are saying, Jeff, is that you would not do good deeds if you didn't take a story about a magic man in the sky literally?

Sounds similar to young children and the tale of Santa Claus.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
Ah, another lively thread on the powerful, comforting and controlling delusions of man.

Joe, your top 10 could easily be extended 10X. Nick, that YMCA pic has me LMAO.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-02-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
Thats absurd Paul. So far from the truth.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-02-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
Well, the list was pretty funny...sometimes we all have to look in the mirror. And the "YMCA" thing was creative! I give hope that in laughing at ourselves, it encourages others to think that most Christians have a sense of humor, which we do.
That being said, there is no need to be mean and disrespectful when doing it. I dont think Joe crossed any lines o the subject, however, there are those who sometimes do. I think some of the bigger offenders believe Christians are weak because they are always in the position of defending themselves. Some things never change.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-02-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
I think Caleb is the one here who's closest to what I'm thinking. Seriously guys, lighten up. If you can't take a ribbing, don't hand it out to other religions or belief systems. Everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.

The fact is is that when Christians freak about something like this, they're no better than the Muslims who freak when a joke is made about their religion. And yet it is common for Christians to go on and on about how Muslims can't take a joke. Yeah, die hard Muslims tend to be a little, well, crazier than most die hard Christians (Netherlands riots over a political cartoon anyone?) but that doesn't change the fact that they non die hards freak just the same. Look at Jewish people for an example here. While some get offended, most people that I know who are Jewish will openly make jokes about it and themselves, because they're secure about their religion.

So chill out guys, it's a joke, it's meant to be funny, not to start a freaking forum war.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
^^^I'd say they're better than Musslims.

Make fun of a Christian and they will get upset/offended and start quoting the bible while trying to find a way to relate it to everyday life

Make fun of Musslim...they'll start blowing things up
Old    swass            02-02-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
I have very little respect for people who hide behind the "it's just a joke" veil.

Here's a joke: "How do you get a black man out of a tree?" "Cut the rope."

C'mon, it's just a joke, right???? No, it's not. It's racist bigotry.

Similarly, the sole intent of this top 10 is to insult Christians. Plain and simple. If you claim otherwise, your credibily goes to hell. No pun intended.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Swass, that was a terrible comparison.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Perhaps it's worth pointing out that the top 10 list Joe posted specifically refers to unquestioning Christians. The body of Christianity is surprisingly diverse and there are millions of Christians in this country (and elsewhere) who do not actually believe the things in the list (literal creation story, atonement theology, virgin birth, young earth, etc).
Old    swass            02-02-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Why?

I think it fits rather well. Anyone who would claim that my example is "just a joke" is ignoring the underlying message. The same applies to the underlying message here.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-02-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
You know why people get mad at this top 10.......

Because most of them are true.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Swass it is a somewhat poor analogy because it is apples and oranges - you are comparing an ascribed status vs. an achieved one.

To me the humor the list attempts to evoke stems not from the beliefs it lists (indeed such fantastical beliefs can be found in countless religious traditions, especially the virgin birth) but rather the hypocrisy in the comparisons it makes.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Swass, you're way off bro. Like, so far off I'm wondering if someone hacked your WW account or something.
Old    swass            02-02-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Truth is not an absolute. Perception alters truth.

If "truth" was an absolute, then why can't I convince people like Someone Else that atheism is the path of the truly enlightened?
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
Here's a joke: "How do you get a black man out of a tree?" "Cut the rope."

C'mon, it's just a joke, right????

Yep. Not a good joke, but a joke none the less.

Let's go a little further and back that up... notice how the definition of the word make no mention about something not being considered a joke based upon the reaction or the audience only the intent of the teller...

From dictionary.com

JOKE

–noun

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

(Message edited by zo1 on February 02, 2010)
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       02-02-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
David,
spoken like a true pessimist.
Swass-I get the analogy, but it is a little off the subject. The best, and most "Christian" way to address the "list" and the photos is to refuse to debate the intended reasons behind the post. Only the person posting them knows what his intention was. Seeing as it was completely out of the blue, and not provoked, I assume he found it funny (and a little pointed and demeaning)and might gather a following or spark a debate. I couldn't care any less about his intentions. The "list" itself can be modified to fit any religion, political view, etc. that anyone wants to conjure up. I try to assume the best intentions behind posts here, and can only go by track record. My personal nickname for Joe is "the spoon". He just loves to stir things up, and watch what rises to the top of the pot. No hard feelings, just a cautious response to "the spoon".
Old    swass            02-02-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
"you are comparing an ascribed status vs. an achieved one."

Ah, yes - society. Being born with black skin vs white skin means nothing until the society in which you're born ascribes a status associated with black skin vs white skin. In similar fashion, the vast majority of people that comprise the society in which I live believe in god, so in effect the "achieved" status of "believer" is one that society tries to ascribe to me every day.

With that said, you're absolutely correct that I cannot reject the color of my skin, while I can reject the "believer" status. I guess my only point is that when it comes to religion, the ascribed vs. achieved status is somewhat blurred. (From an outsider's perspective, anyway.)

I will concede an important distinction: At any time, I can elevate my ascribed status by accepting God. Status ascribed by skin color is not so easily changed.

(Message edited by swass on February 02, 2010)

(Message edited by swass on February 02, 2010)
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Religion in other countries (and further back in history) was often ascribed. If you were born Catholic you were Catholic - in fact you didn't ever really think of yourself as Catholic because if everyone around is Catholic there is no real sense of identity there. Only in the U.S. did true religious pluralism really reach the level necessary for religious volunteerism before the 20th century. Now you too have the power to achieve!
Old    deltahoosier            02-02-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Ok. I'll be the rationalization guy in the thread.

This is for the "that list is so true" crowd.

Let's look at this so called true list.

10. Who feels outrage. Only outrage we get is from people like you who tell us we need to believe in all this other god's. The irony is you don't believe in any but tell us we need to believe in the others. Not only do you tell us, you get quite upset about it.

9. Actually I see the exact opposite. Christians don't deny their can be evolutionary action in the world but non christians absolutely will not take into consideration that God could have a hand in it. The math does not add up and their is no science proof of evolution but yet YOU get upset if people say it was God.

8. Who laughs at polythesist? Christians pray for them. Hell one of the biggest polytheism religion we have is the catholic church. They have raised many to the deity level with images all around. The assertion is silly.

7. Do you flench every time you hear you got your home and riches on the backs of indians, black's, irish and chinese? I didn't think so. Difference is muslim's are doing this crap now especially when it has been established there is a different way.

6. Never heard those arguments come up. That must be one hell of a drunk talk conversation.

5. I don't think hardly anyone gives a crap on that. Old earth or new Earth. Does not matter to me. Some people to look. I like the authors "loop hole" mem. In science, loop hole means failure. Kind of like the global warming religion you guys subscribe too. You know the loop hole that it is not happening but are sure willing to sell yours and everybody else's soul for.

4. More ignorance. Christian's pray for those people. Some may be misguided but I love how the author likes to do the typical double talk. Argue that the say non believers will go to hell if they do not believe upsets the author but yet not believe in heaven or hell. Interesting. It bothers the crap out of non believers to hear that but yet they say they do not believe. Funny. I don't get upset about things I don't believe in. Last I saw non christians and christians get along just fine. It is typically the non christian who gets butt hurt about christians, not the other way around (for reference, see this thread).

3. Kind of interesting, "science" the other redundant drivel has not proved anything without a doubt. Just love the closed mindedness of the author and the people piling on this thread. As far as people rolling around speaking in tongues? Those guys are pretty funny, but, I don't think they are quite biblical. Another man made add on.

2. Interesting, the author who loves to throw around the words "science" and infer education throws out some weird stat. Love to find out his stat making machine. I wonder if it is a modified dream catcher with 50000v power supply?

1. I love this one. It reminds me of Wes'. Still unable to get the concept. Interesting that their are over 750,000 words in the bible but even Wes admits there are only about three main beliefs to christianity. Lot's of words for so few beliefs. I wonder what the rest of it is about?

Hey. How about we start top ten list of why Wes believes people should be able to corn hole each other? Top ten list of why blacks are not the best dancers or why libertarians are just rich suburanites without a grasps of realities in life.

Look at the end of the day. The list is not worst thing in the world except the people are like the white people who watch the Dave Chappelle show and use it as a tool for white empowerment. You do not see it as a joke, but, as a real life message as to why you should still hate christians. THat is the difference.
Old    deltahoosier            02-02-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Wes, reading above about how it is a joke to you. Well, that is nice because you have studied and can find what are glaring logical fallacies in the list. Many on this board that decided to post seem to take them as real and recognize them as real. When we talk about islam for instance, we at least try and bring facts and history of behavior into the discussion for comparison. While I find holy rollers hilarious, I don't think that is christianity. Like I said, it is like watching Chappelle and thinking he is making commentary to the KKK on how to hate blacks.
Old    deltahoosier            02-02-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Only in the U.S. did true religious pluralism really reach the level necessary for religious volunteerism before the 20th century. Now you too have the power to achieve!

Interesting. The list says that christians are intolerant?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Uh, Rod - I think you are misunderstanding my post. The many on this board that take them as real and recognize them as real are correct, because there are millions upon millions of Christians who do believe the things on that list.

I am trying to make it through your long post but in all seriousness it is pretty exhausting reading your stuff sometimes because of all the spelling/punctuation errors, wrong word usage, and just plain omission of words. It is kind of a chore to figure out exactly what you are trying to say half the time. Why is there an apostrophe after my name? I just can't figure out what that sentence is supposed to mean.
Old    swass            02-02-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I'm not sure I follow, Paul. Am I way off what you think I thought, or what you think I should think?

I'm not sure what you think I thought was ever my thinking. I don't think we've talked too much about what I think or what you think I think. Think we should?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Rod said "Only in the U.S. did true religious pluralism really reach the level necessary for religious volunteerism before the 20th century. Now you too have the power to achieve!

Interesting. The list says that christians are intolerant?"

Huh?

(Message edited by pesos on February 02, 2010)
Old    deltahoosier            02-02-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Good grief. I have to stop but I am catching up. White can be achieved. Condi Rice achieved whiteness. Heck black people said for years now she is too white. Micheal Jackson achieved whiteness. You are no longer bound by color. Heck not all black people are equal in the black community. You do not want to be a coal black man in the black community.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Don't go crazy there Rod. But yes colorism is alive and well, and not only in the black community. Internalized racism like that is pervasive in Latino communities as well, and very much so outside the US. Just look at all the movie stars/models in places like the Philippines - they are all light-skinned/Spanish looking.

(Message edited by pesos on February 02, 2010)
Old    deltahoosier            02-02-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Ah, yes. The ol spelling and grammar thing. Wes, I don't really give a rats butt about how you feel in that regard. I am hungry and sitting with a laptop propped on my knee. Every time you get caught in a intellectual odd position, you go to the grammar and spelling. Nothing new here. In the way you find my writing hard to read, I find your and others constant intolerance of christian's belief systems to be a bit old and borish.