Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-07-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
Been lurking for a little while and would like some help with my wake. Boat is a old model SAN. My ramp is about a block from my house so I don't drain all the time and keep the weight to a minimum. I am a beg/int rider so I don't need it slammed, just enough to get that classic shape. Right now, I have about 500 in the ski locker and two 350s in the back. (Picture with only two in the boat) I manually fill the ski locker and have one Jabsco pump that can drain/fill the rear lockers. I don't run the back lockers all the way full because I use them to help balance the weight of the driver and/or passengers. I am riding at 70 feet.
Attached Images

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-07-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
I would start with adding another 500 lbs mid ship. Possibly in lead stashed under the seats so you don't have a sac sitting in the middle of the floor.
Or change the rear bags to 500s and add a few hundred all the way in the bow, another sac in the walkway pushed all the way forward or some lead under the seats
Either one of these options will give you that umpff your looking for and won't over do it so that your scared to charge it and learn. Have fun
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-07-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
FlyHigh make 150# bricks with handles you can fill and still move around to compensate for passengers or to help figure out where you want the weight. I use three. They are great for shifting side to side surfing.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-07-2013, 6:14 PM Reply   
You should just get two 750s for the back hatch and the flyhigh rear seat/ski locker sack which is 650 lbs to go in your ski locker. I have the same boat as you and that's what we ride. And typically at 65 or 70 feet at 22.5 mph
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-08-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
You should just get two 750s for the back hatch and the flyhigh rear seat/ski locker sack which is 650 lbs to go in your ski locker. I have the same boat as you and that's what we ride. And typically at 65 or 70 feet at 22.5 mph
In my experience, superair nautiques should be weighted near to 50/50, that way when you add passengers and gear in the cockpit, you are near to 60/40 rear/front bias... Weighting these evenly will also take some of the edge off the wake, which will keep it more user friendly...

Your wake looks fine for the amount of weight you have in it, what are you looking to get out of it? You said you don't like filling/emptying sacs
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-08-2013, 4:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response. Overall, I am really happy with the wake, but I just wanted to get some opinions. Everyone seems to have their boats dialed in and just trying to find out what works best for me. I went ahead and filled the rear sacs so I am at 1200 total with a 60/40 (R/F) split.
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       09-13-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
Filled the rear sacs, pumped the tank full of gas, picked up a 200lb riding buddy and went to my honey hole...super stoked on a Thursday night.
Attached Images

Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-02-2013, 6:30 AM Reply   
Last weekday run before daylight savings time ends.
Attached Images

Last edited by echo; 11-02-2013 at 6:32 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-02-2013, 12:43 PM Reply   
This boat will get crazy steep and intimidating if you just start adding rear weight. As mentioned it really likes a 50/50 ratio. Some bow weight is key to tone down the aggressive lip for learning. It also firms it up a bit and gives a nice crisp lip.

If your looking for little more umff I would get some 750's for the rear. You don't have to fill them all the way, but this way when you start to progress and want more or u start surfing they're there. You can probably fit both those 300 in you locker and just leave them full. Grab you choice of about 6-800 in the nose and you're setup will satisfy any rider.

Right now though I would get those fat bricks or some pop products bags, there are plenty other companies making lead/steal bags that you can easily hide and move around to balance. You really want to keep those 300 full and add a bit to the bow.