Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-06-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
Need to get a new rope since mine, which is a low stretch and I want to get a no stretch, has about had it.

Tossing up these three.....any opinions on them? Good, bad, which would you get? Thanks in advance.....

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/product.php?productid=21594&cat=371&page=1

http://boardersbestbuy.com/

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/product.php?productid=21593&cat=371&page=1
Old    murrayair            08-06-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
I think you would be happy with all of those ropes, but I like the first one best. In my experience, carbon fiber handles are not worth the extra money you pay for them. Sure, they are lighter, but most people that I ride with, including myself, didn't notice any difference in ease of handle passes with the carbon fiber vs. the regular. I suppose if you're Shaun Murray or Rusty Malinoski and you're spinning 9's or 10's you might notice, but I don't think they're that much better.

Overall, I think the first deal seems to be the best.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2009, 6:33 AM Reply   
First one for sure. I have been riding Murray's handle from 2002 for years. It is real similar to that one and I love it. It has the plastic torsion bars to prevent it from collapsing. My knocks on carbon handles are the price, and they will ding your board up if you are not careful.
Old     (sc_lsv)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-07-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
Last year rode the Proline LG combo, EVA grip was awesome and line was good, but the handle will sink as soon as you stop. This year I bought the helium suspension line and the accurate regiment carbon handle. Personally I think the helium line is a lil stiffer and I like the carbon handle once it is broken in. at first the foam is kinda tough but softens up quite a bit after a few rides. old LG handle actually bent when i was pulling a buddy that weighed about 240lbs. carbon have had no problems. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-07-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help, I went ahead and ordered the first one. I figure this will give me a couple of months to ride it and if I don't like it is cheap enough to keep as a back up and I can order a different setup as summer comes to an end and sales get a little better/cheaper.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-07-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
not sure what they call it but i got a new pro line after running over my original. Its a pvc or vinyl coated and I LOVE IT. Does not knot up I bought neon blue and can see it easy. I will be needing a new handle soon too foam ripped.