Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-30-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Does anyone have pitting or odd places of small crackally places of their Fusion T-series tower speakers? I do, I have had them one summer season and was curious what the outcome was in regards to warrany or customer service with the Fusion headquarters. I have a called and spoken with Fusion about the problem. I sent a few pic but they were'nt detailed enough. I did not shoot the pic my dad did. I told them I would try to send a better picture to show my areas of concern.
Any post would be appreicated. I love the product by the way and am not bashing just curious. I don't have the pic's saved sorry. Pictureless post are lame sorry
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-30-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Random...I had a customer come in today with the same problem. I'll try to let you know what happens. They are a good company and I doubt you'll have any issues.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-31-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Haven't had any on mine.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-31-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
My Fusion board racks are doing the same thing.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-31-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
I am having the same problem with a light bar and mirror arm. They gave me the go ahead to send them in because they were under waranty. They are a good company but they need to have someone look into their pitting problem because it is begining to become a common ordeal.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-31-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
easy fix. buy some nvs
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
That's what happens when you plate Aluminum. It can last 20 years, or 20 months.

Some shops have a better process than others.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-31-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
So is this pitting caused from air get to the aluminum and causing it to oxidize?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
I think that's usually the case. Aluminum also releases gases during the plating process as it changes temperature. So it was always harder to plate and never lastest as long.

I was running the metal finishing department for Arlen Ness for a while, back when everyone first starting plating billet aluminum. It took the platers years to figure it out.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-01-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
That must have been a very interesting job. What was Mr. Ness like to work for? Is it safe to assume then that replacement cans from fusion will in time to the same thing? And should I just find a chromer who has a good track record for quaility and have that company rechrome/plate them?
Old     (justin_1933)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
Mine did the same thing. I just had them Powdercoated black and no more issues.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-01-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Justin - I never thought of that. Where at and how much? I'd be down for that since most of my boat is black and the chrome is in bad shape.