Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
Heya guys,
I have been wakeboarding for a couple of seasons now, but most of my time is when I'm on holiday for 2 weeks in france, we have a RIB with a 25hp on the back which i ski behind, it has NO WAKE whatsoever, but I've gotten pretty goodat carving regular heelside, toeside, swithc heelside and toeside, i can ollie 180 surface 180 and surface 360 and I feel pretty comfortable on the board. I occasionally have a 15 minute ride at my local club on the club owned boats and I'm really comfortable crossing the big wakes. Last season I had a couple of rides practicing some one wake jumps at the club and didn't get a lot of air, but they were pretty spaced out, like 3-4 weeks between them.

This season I've said I'm going to try and go every week for as long as I can, or at least till I go on holiday in the summer and my aim is to be comfortable with HS and TS wake to wake jumps by the end. Do you think this is possible only riding 15 minutes a week? How long do you reckon it would be in an average case given my current ability to perfect at least HS wake to wake?

What tips would you give me on how to acheive this aim?
Cheers guys
Old                04-12-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
Its very simple, I think you can probably do it now. To jump wake to wake HS go out about 15 ft and give the boat a few seconds to pull ahead a little. This will make the rope nice and tight. When you edge in towards the wake keep the rope tight and increase your speed as you get closer to the wake. You dont want to have slack in the line. When you reach the wake stay on edge, stand tall, and keep the handle at your waist. Good Luck.