Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    SamIngram            03-23-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
I just wanted to say, as a boat owner, THANKS to all the thirds. I keep seeing threads and meeting people who come on my boat that decide that they want a boat too.

I want to thank all the great people who come out to ride with me, drive, pitch in for gas and food, and in general are just plain fun to hang out with. As a boat owner I don't mind people continually coming out every trip, even if they invite themselves, I don't consider them moochers!

Nothing is worse than owning a boat and not having enough actual wakeboarders who want to go all day.

I now have several friends who bought boats after I bought mine. Now we all end up going on each others boats because we don't have enough riders to take all the boats. We usually pay for gas on each others boats. I think this is dumb. I understand people wanting to do their own thing on a boat sometime, but no one has ever asked me if we could work some other schedule or whatever on my boat. Some people want to go for a half day which I hate, the trip to and from our lake is a long one and not worth a half day trip to me, so I understand if you only want a half day... whatever...

It is a lot of work owning a boat. You have to maintain the boat, the trailer, and the tow vehicle. You have to find a good, safe, and secure place to store the boat. You have to tow the boat both ways to the lake. Most important though, while on the lake, you are the one who is ultimately responsible for everyone's safety and has the responsibility to get everyone back home or to their car at the end of the day - most courts say so, not to mention opening yourself up to all sorts of possible lawsuit scenarios. At the end of the day I do it all because I love the lake, wakeboarding, the sun on my face, and most importantly the people that I meet!

So once again, I want to thank everyone that comes out with me! You make it all worth it.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
Shouldnt this be under "Find A Third Be A Third"? :P
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
On the other hand, I have to give you and Lantz props for getting me started/hooked on the sport, and also being my friends. Even if its an all day trip, it still is an all day adventure!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2011, 8:11 PM Reply   
I totally agree Sam.I have some very close friends from high school that,no matter how many times I tell them I don't mind,they refuse to invite themselves or call to see if I want to go out.I will give anyone a pull that asks,I love it when I grab someone with an I/O and the rope on the transom ski eye and help them learn to get up for the first time.The smiles are priceless.Nothing better than hanging on the water in the sun with good people.
Old    SamIngram            03-24-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
So if anyone in the Phoenix area needs a pull (all day) hit me up!

On the days where we can't find anyone we have thought about hiring a day laborer, but haven't yet. I have thought about being a "Big Brother" for some kid, but haven't done that either.

Can you imagine me pulling up at the Home Depot and hiring a day laborer with my boat behind the truck?

Thanks to all the Thirds!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
I know my wakeboarding buddy feels similar.
I am his designated 2nd actually. we still have trouble at times finding a third. soo much trouble that a few times we have hoofed it on lonerock beach before, asking people if we could join them. we thought it would be easier to ask to be thirds then to get the boat out and ask others to be thirds. ha

If anyone is at Powell (Page arizona side) and needs a pull get a-hold of me. we ride behind a good sized reinell boat with a tower, might not be a "real" wakeboard boat, but we got "real" wakeboarding heart.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post

Thanks to all the Thirds!
Dude, are those your thirds in that pic.?!
Old    SamIngram            03-24-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
No, but they could be. I have considered it, but we have always found a rider, which I am thankful for!
Old     (iRIDEWAKES)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-24-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
You know America's going to sh*t when people are considering hiring Jose' and his homies as their spotter..(Not racially intended) The guy under the sign looks like a good third though
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-24-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
I like my thirds to be overweight and lazy. Not only do they make wakeboarding legal, they dont ride, use up my gas, and most importantly are great ballast.
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-24-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
so when we going out next Ryan?... hows the finger?
Old    SamIngram            03-24-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
The boat is still getting detailed. It is suppose to be done sometime next week. They were able to save my finger. They shaved both sides of the bone (since it was smashed and healed without putting the little pieces back together it grew back very "fat") and made it almost the same size as before. It might be slightly larger in the end. They also rebuilt the nail-bed and cauterized both sides of the nail to make it thinner. Anyhow, they were able to save it. I would guess that we will be back on the water in a couple weeks. I know Durty Curt and Mitch are taking the X-Star out again this weekend. You can probably invite yourself on that boat if you wanted.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-24-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
^^^ kinder gentler Bocephus
Old    SamIngram            03-24-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
^^^ kinder gentler Bocephus
Don't kid yourself, I'm still a jerk and an #*@hole.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-24-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Nice thread! I thank you for taking me out in the past and have always had fun riding behind the sweet wake of the golden calf and the adventures in between riding. I'm heading to Europe for the month of April but will be hitting you up for a pull after I get back.
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-24-2011, 6:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
Don't kid yourself, I'm still a jerk and an #*@hole.
yah that also sucks at returning texts he initiated in the first place. (since we were discussing your flaws)

glad to hear they saved the finger. I'm super busy this weekend but in a few weeks let the wakeboarding commence.
Old    SamIngram            03-25-2011, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfox00 View Post
Nice thread! I thank you for taking me out in the past and have always had fun riding behind the sweet wake of the golden calf and the adventures in between riding. I'm heading to Europe for the month of April but will be hitting you up for a pull after I get back.
It's Joe the Accountant! Did you finish school? What is else is going on? I actually lost your number. Have fun in Europe... don't go to any hookers or Eastern Bloc hostiles...

I think I am going to shooting this weekend.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-26-2011, 12:02 AM Reply   
"It's Joe the Accountant! Did you finish school? What is else is going on? I actually lost your number. Have fun in Europe... don't go to any hookers or Eastern Bloc hostiles..."

Nah haven't finshed yet, I'm about half way done. Hookers and hostels, sounds like a good time to me Never been to Europe or anywhere else (besides Mexico and Canada) for that matter, but hopefully I'll be cultured when I get back. Hope the finger is ready for some boarding, looked nasty in the other thread. Almost as bad as your foot skin. haha