Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Here's a vid from last year, Im doing the same thing this year. Slipping out after I land. Ironically, I tried out a friend's watson and stuck two perfectly. Any tips on sticking them consistently?
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-01-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Drop your back hand off the handle and look out at the shoreline. Good Luck!
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-01-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
I usually think of over-rotating a little. This helped a lot when I first learned and should stop slipping out HS.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-01-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
get your weight over your toes on landing and continue edging out switch toeside as soon as you hit the water.
Old    alanp            08-01-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
alot of guys start the rotation to early and this creates alot of tension on the rope(if your arm is extended during your landing this is probably your problem).. for the 180 rotate the trick at the peak or apex of the jump or even on the way down. jerk hard with your rear hand(that will be your new front hand when you land). keep your eyes on the shore. if you do these im confident youll land just fine. to get the correct position try a couple from inside to outside the wake then try to go wake to wake.
Old                08-02-2006, 12:22 AM Reply   
What i found helped me the most with these was a tip i read here in wakeworld - when you're at the top, pull the handle and pretend you're putting it into the pocket on your front (previously rear) hip. the stuff the guys posted above also good.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
im having the same problem. When I land I try to get on my heelside edge, even though im already on it, so the board shoots out in front of me. When you land, just cut out toeside away from the wake and you should be fine. If I do that, I land them really smooth. Good luck

Jamie
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
if you are slipping out on a heelside 180, you are spinning too early. The name of the game is WAIT. WAIT till you are at the apex of your jump to spin the board, by pulling to your right hip (regular). Spinning early throws you off axis right off the wake, and causes you to butt check. Peace easy.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
i've figured them out now. I landed 3 in a row this morning. You just need to make your rotation really slow. And when you land don't lean too far forward. Also again, cut out toeside so you dont slip out.
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2006, 12:45 AM Reply   
Never leave your edge before your take off. Take off at the top of the wake thinking normal w2w jump (stand tall!), then initiate the rotation by turning your head and shoulders away from the boat and let go with your front hand. Really anticipate landing over your toes, push your upper body through the rotation and begin leaning over your toeside edge in the air already. Also never stop leaning back against the rope (away from the boat, like you did at your take off) so you don't get slack in the line. Land on your toeside edge looking towards the shoreline. Try to overexaggerate this when learning the trick and you will never again have problems with your landings. There's also a really good explanation of the HS 180 by Darin Shapiro in Waketrix. Hope this helps.
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
try to rotate your front hand 90 degrees towards the shore before you land. your knuckles will be pointing towards the shore instead of the sky. this will keep your weight on your toes more, keeping you from slipping out as much.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-11-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Shapiro on waketrix "It's just a 180". That comment makes you feel stupid when you can't land one but he does do a good job in explaining what to do as are are all the previous suggestions.