Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-02-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
My wife and I are going to stay at the Grand Lucayan on Grand Bahama Island the first week of November. Is there anywhere to wakeboard down there? Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do in the area? Places to eat, things to see or do?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-05-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding in the carribean is a novelty. You do it for the experience of cutting out wide, looking down and seeing the ocean floor clear as can be 40 feet below. It's always choppy, rarely properly equipped, etc. Find a resort with a tow boat (typically 209 dd), get a pull for $20 and enjoy the fact that you rode in the ocean.

Grand Bahama has a ton to do and see. You won't have any problem killing your time. I'd recommend sitting on the beach, getting drunk and tan and spending most of your time in bed with the wife.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-05-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
I stayed at the Atlantis down there with my ex. We only ventured into town for 1 dinner so I guess I really cant help. Had a nice catamaran sunset cruise. An didnt get to spend much time in bed with her lol beautiful area though
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-05-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
"Grand Bahama has a ton to do and see. You won't have any problem killing your time. I'd recommend sitting on the beach, getting drunk and tan and spending most of your time in bed with the wife. "

I like that.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-05-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdckN...5&feature=plcp

The wife and I took a Powerboat tour from Grand Bahama down to the Exuma Islands. Cost me either $400 or $800 for the two of us - but whatever we paid - I would have gladly paid triple and been happy I spent the money. About a 45 minute scarab ride across the ocean, swimming/snorkeling in a lagoon, feeding sharks, feeding iguanas, catered lunch/drinks and snorkeling..

Best money I've spent. They launched about 2 blocks from The Atlantis where we were staying. It was absolutely incredible. The only time in my life where I can say I've felt like I was in "paradise" and we are VERY well traveled to tropical locations.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-05-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
In case the above link doesn't work.

Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-05-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
In case the above link doesn't work.

it doesn't work
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-05-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
FML. Probably violated Youtubes music policy. I can see it when I'm logged into my own account..

PLR - if you want to see the video (if you think you'd like to do a power boat tour) - PM me and I'll give you my login.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-05-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Here you go.

The wife and I took a Powerboat tour from Grand Bahama down to the Exuma Islands. Cost me either $400 or $800 for the two of us - but whatever we paid - I would have gladly paid triple and been happy I spent the money. About a 45 minute scarab ride across the ocean, swimming/snorkeling in a lagoon, feeding sharks, feeding iguanas, catered lunch/drinks and snorkeling..

Best money I've spent. They launched about 2 blocks from The Atlantis where we were staying. It was absolutely incredible. The only time in my life where I can say I've felt like I was in "paradise" and we are VERY well traveled to tropical locations.
I knew I forgot to say something...sorry have blocked that yr out of my life. We did this too though..great snorkeling & huge iguanas we fed with grapes lol. Def a must
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-05-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Totally worth the money, right? Can't even remember what it cost - I just know it was worth it.. It was such a good day.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-05-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
And yes it leaves right out front of Atlantis. They provide free beer too
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses. Jeff MN, something like that sounds like tons of fun. Is this it? http://www.powerboatadventures.com/adventure.php

Does anyone know of a place around there I can find a 209dd and get a pull just to say I was on the ocean....thats all I was really looking for anyway.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-06-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
Those are the same tours we went on. It's fantastic - I highly, highly recommend it.

Almost all of the "all inclusives" in the carribbean have a towboat. Mostly used to ski - but they will have a 139 Fish for you to ride too. Sandals, Beaches, etc. They all have them. You just have to walk the beach and find one. Most of the resorts in the Bahamas have a public beach out front you can walk up to. They will of course ask if you are staying at their resort - to which you reply with a $20 bill. Works, 100% of the time, every time. ;-)