Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-30-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine gave me a Parks Bonifay 142 signature board. Is this an ok board to begin with. It is long and narrow. I have only been wakesurfing since I broke my ankle last year. I'm still a little shy about strapping in to bindings. If it is a good board any ideas on good bindings with ankle support?
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old    wickedwake            05-30-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
The Parks is a very advanced board, and takes a good bit of skill to control. I dont know if you are beggining to wakeboard again or you are actually beggining to wakeboard but if it is the latter of the 2 I would suggest selling it form something easier to ride.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2005, 1:04 AM Reply   
Something tells me that this Parks Bonifay Signature board isn't the Hyperlite models. John, can you tell us what company makes it? I only ask because the new Parks boards aren't exactly narrow.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2005, 2:13 AM Reply   
sounds like a connelly.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Or the Free Motion Quest.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-31-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
It is made by Connelly Wakeboards. If this is to advanced, any ideas on what is a good board to start off on. I had just gotten into wakeboarding a few years ago when I broke my ankle on my dirt bike. So I have a little experience.
Thanks!
J$
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
That board is extremely old. It is a good board to start on however there are some great beginner boards that will provide a lot more stability & allow you to progress faster. Look at your board & then compare them to the boards in the Gear Guide, I guarantee you will be able to see the dfference.
Old    wickedwake            05-31-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Board technology has made leaps and bounds in last few years. You might want to look into a newer board for technologies sake anyways.