Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    natique_seller            04-20-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Does anyone have experience getting a deck lid open on a natique with the auto motor is not responding?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-20-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Nope! What is a Natique?
But on a Nautique you just reach in, pull the pin and lift.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
Adding to what peter said, my cousin has had this problem before in his super air. you have to pull the whole back seat area out, and then you can get to the cotter pin rig that holds the cover to the arm and lift it up.
Old    mike_collins            04-20-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
Nine times out of ten I have found it to be a blown fuse. There is an inline fuse from the battery that operates the motor. It is either blown or... the silly rubber fuse holder has come apart (needs to be pushed back together and taped. Only problem.. (great piece of design)... they put the battery and fuse INSIDE an electrically driven lid. (way to go!). So.. you have to remove the rear seat.. and check the fuse from there. Or.. if not the fuse.. lie on your stomach... reach to the hydraulic arm and pull out the retaining clip (allowing you to open the lid). But.. try the inline fuse first..
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-20-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
On my 2002 SANTE, the large center panel that's directly above the engine opens manually. A little nylon loop is pulled, this disengages the little mechanism that holds the panel closed and the panel pops open. The panels above the two side compartments are indeed opened primarily electronically, but if my center engine panel is raised there are two small openings in the dividers between the compartments, and if I stick my hand in there I can feel a small lever that lets me pop open the side panels manually.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2005, 5:43 AM Reply   
Pull in the bottom middle of the back of the back seat staight up and remove it, open the battery case and you should see two in line fuses, check those, I'm pretty sure it's one of those, If you hold the up or down switch too long, it'll blow that fuse, I'd keep some of those on hand, I think it 20 amps, you can buy them at any automotive store. If it happens to be the motor, you'll have to remove the pin that holds the motor to the deck lid.