Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-22-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
I have one of those tents, I am setting it up for the boat, it will be tight but will at least offer some coverage from the elements..boat is in storage so I don't know how much higher I should make the tent to fit the boat(on trailer) in with out having to fold the tower..any one else use these tents? any suggestions...thoughts pics..anyone want to go measure the height of their boat on trailer, from gound to top of tower and let me know the exact height???
tnx
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-22-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
You will have to fold the tower. You need to losten the back straps, at tleast the bottom 3 if you want to leave the swim platform on. For the front, you will need a swing away tongue, iy you want to have a chance of closing it.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-22-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
I added 4 foot sections of PVC to mine, and it fits under perfect. My tower is pretty tall. I believe the PVC was 1 1/4' diameter, and it fits inside the poles perfect. I have not put on the end pieces yet, but will be soon. My boat is a bit longer, and does stick out a little, but no big deal. Just trying to keep most of the sun and moisture off. I will take a pic and post it when I can.
Old    tea_boy            05-23-2005, 5:10 AM Reply   
Here in the UK, we have gone with the costco tents, and added some extra steal work. It is tight, and I remove the platform on my X2, but a good way of doing things.

The boat next door,is a mates SAN.
Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       05-23-2005, 5:29 AM Reply   
How well do they stand up to the wind??

Does anyone know where i can buy 1 of these online??
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2005, 6:02 AM Reply   
I added 2 1/2 ft pieces of emt to each leg (bolted on) and secured to eye bolts in the cement w/ cables/ropes. Boat fits almost perfect. During to rainy season I put the front on and the boat will stick out just a little. Tower stays up all the time. Its cheap protection from the weather.
Old    tea_boy            05-23-2005, 6:06 AM Reply   
The white panels that you can see in the picture are from and original costco tent. Lasted 2 winters and it was just cheaper, £130, to replace the whole lot rather than mess around. The frame was still sound, but the cover was showing its age and a little brittle. We are lucky with the wind as the yard is quite sheltered and the extra metal work helps to keep things solid.

As for a purchase on line, did struggle with that also, coundn't even find it listed on there sight. My be worth a phone call though.

(Message edited by tea_boy on May 23, 2005)
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-23-2005, 11:40 PM Reply   
www.Northerntool.com has them.