Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-22-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
So I spent a few hours going over the 02 SANTE trying to find the ballast control wires and see where they split. I managed to match the 2001 40 pin harness wiring diagram and found the two control wires. I had very little luck finding the splicing points, especially for the belly tank, they are tucked way in there in the main raceway back to the engine. The other splice points are buried behind the eninge I am screwed as far as doing this in a simple manner, looks like I would need to rewire the whole thing.

I would like to find the points where they junction so I can wire in independent ballast control. Basically the idea is to still use the dashpod controls as main on/off switches and then put in some rocker or toggles to control each aerator pump individually.

So I did find the two main wires coming from the 40 pin harness, they are orange/red & orange/yellow. Does anyone know if these two wires are thick enough to handle the power for all three pumps each when filling or emptying?? I may try to tap them at the dash into a switch panel and run new power wires to all the pumps.

Has anyone done this ballast modification to their 02?? I would really like the ability to tune the wake and empty individual tanks for surfing.

Could there be a bigger mess than what CC did under the 210 kick panel?? What a nightmare!! Looks like they just get in there with zipties and and tape and jam everything together. Ugh. There is alot of waste in there, they could have mounted amps and put a sub in there if they had some ambition to do things clean under there. Also looks like the absolutely have to wire the boat before dropping in the engine and tanks, no possible way to get at alot of the wiring.